• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

center console front mounting bracket fix

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i just recently finished converting my 60/40 to buckets and installing a center console out of a 90 something explorer and the front mounting bracket was missing and could not find one anywhere so being a electrician i thought i would try some slotted uni-strut 1-5/8" deep and it worked perfectly i will try to upload the pic's i hope i can if anybody is looking for this fix it's perfect. i cut the strut to fit the recess about 4-1/2" then drilled out the mounting holed i little bigger to give a little room then laid out on the carpet then drilled two holes for the front mount and used large sheet metal screws with 1/4x1-1/4 fender washers and screwed to the floor then you need two 1/4" cone nuts which allow the two 1/4x1" hex head machine bolts with a 1/4x1-1/4 fender washer and a lock washer and that's the front then all you need to finish is drilling out for the rear mount and your done. if i can't get the pic's to upload and anybody needs the pic's i will send them to you.

Attachments

Bronco638

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Nice work! Uni-Strut is one of my favorite building materials. :D

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I would like to see some pic's if you have them. how long did the whole process take?

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry, when I am at work the pics seem to be hit or miss.... I check them out at home, nice work. Did the old one come out easy?

muzzlestuffer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
did the old what come out easy ? if you meant console i did not have one i installed this one after the 60/40 seat mod.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals