• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

clutch/brake pedal bracket removal made easy

huh?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
now that i've gotten your attention with a baldfaced lie, i'm here to let anybody who is interested know that should you find yourself in the unfortunate circumstance of having to remove the bracket, there is a tool that will help take away 1% to 3% of the total pain involved.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Metric-Flex-Ratcheting-Wrench-Set-5-Piece-HFRW5PCMM/202934581?N=5yc1vZc91o

i spent $20 at home depot on this set and less than 2 hours later it had paid for itself(assertion based on bracket price of approx. 190 on ebay). i also bought a 6-point 13mm socket and a wobble extension set, but this setup wouldn't fit in the akward space the two top bolts were situated in.

although i used only one wrench(13mm) out of the set to get the bolts down, i'm recommending the 5-piece set because for $20, you get 5 brand new shiny wrenches that will definitely be used. 10mm, 12mm, 13mm, 14mm, 15mm. no 9mm or 11mm that MAY be used three times during your lifetime.

i've read some accounts of some members here who've posted about taking half a day or more to change the clutch pedal bushing because the shaft doesn't have enough clearance to slide out to the left. remove the four nuts from the brake booster studs, then loosen the two top nuts and the bracket can wobble enough to get the shaft out and back in without tearing apart the dash/instrument panel and needing a crowbar to "gently" move bundles of wire. you'll still need the flexibility of a yoga master and a kung-fu grip to start turning the two upper bolts, but a couple of hours can be taken off the job by avoiding a lot of disassembly/reassembly of other things.

anyways... yeah, i should have bought a set a couple of decades ago, but this $20 deal was something i couldn't pass by even if it wasn't needed at the time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals