• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Clutch problem in 94 Ford Ranger ??

Louie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
I own a 1994 Ford Ranger with a 2.3 Liter engine and 5 speed manual transmission. I bought it brand new. I have started having intermitting problems with my clutch. The clutch works great most of the time but when the truck is run for awhile and it gets hot the clutch stops disengaging. I can stop at a red light and when I release the clutch it will not move. I just sit there with engine racing like its not in gear. Changing gears doesn’t help. In the beginning it would eventually pop into gear and I’m off. But it start slipping even while I’m going forward. This happens when it’s a really hot day and after it driven awhile. It will get to the point when it won’t grab a gear at all. There is metallic rattling noise coming from under the truck when I first start it. I assume its coming from the clutch/transmission. Don’t know a whole lot about transmissions but the throw out bearing sounds like a possibility. I realize that if you have to drop the transmission for any reason you might as well replace everything in the clutch and transmission. Anybody have any experience with something like this.

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like you have a bad clutch line. When it gets hot. It swells shut and doesn’t allow the fluid to go back into the master cylinder.

I’d recommend a master cylinder/ and a clutch line.

Louie

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
“We have two lives, and the second begins when we realize we only have one.”
Sounds like you have a bad clutch line. When it gets hot. It swells shut and doesn’t allow the fluid to go back into the master cylinder.

Thanks for the reply and the information. I hope your right.

thanks for replying and the information. That’s where I’m going to start. Thanks again...?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals