• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Computer relay

Randall008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone know the part numbers, or where I can buy an eec relay and wire harness… I can’t find one anywhere. I have found them with 5 pins instead of four, but I can’t find an exact match. Do they still make them?
Thanks for the help

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You can use the 5 pin model, I think all the 1980s Ranger used the 5 pin sockets

EEC relay base looks like this in a 1988: https://easyautodiagnostics.com/images/articles-100-199/120/120/image_E_2.jpg
Has the 5th slot just not used, so 5 pin relay will fit it

Fuel Pump relay is the same just Green base, they both use the same relay model, looks like this: https://partsavatar.ca/1985-1989-ford-bronco-fuel-pump-relay-standard-t-series-ry70t?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZTJ27-28QIVGh6tBh0KCwdFEAYYBCABEgKFnfD_BwE

The 5 pin relays work for ALL applications and the 4 pin only "some" so only 5 pins are still made

If you have air conditioning then you will have a WOT relay as well, it needs the 5 pin relay

Randall008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Manual
Thank you for the advice. This may be a dumb question, but There are no numbers or anything on the base/wire harness in regards to the wire orientation… do I just match up the wires to the location they currently are on the base to the new one?

ecgreen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
Does anyone know the part numbers, or where I can buy an eec relay and wire harness… I can’t find one anywhere. I have found them with 5 pins instead of four, but I can’t find an exact match. Do they still make them?
Thanks for the help

All sorts of relays. As for harness plug, prob check out the electrical connector section

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, you can buy the relay base with wires attached but they will not match your wire colors

Relay and base seen here: https://www.therangerstation.com/forums/index.php?attachments/image_16-jpg.22327/

This is for fuel pump but the wiring pattern is EXACTLY the SAME, 1, 2, 3, 4

1 and 2 are the coil that activates the relay, there is no polarity, so as long as you move the 1 and 2 wires from old relay base over and splice them to the 1 and 2 wires on the new base all will be OK

Same for 3 and 4, there is no order, they are interchangeable, these are the wires that send 12volts to the EEC(computer) and other engine devices, when relay is activated

Your wire colors "might be"
1 Black or black/green stripe Chassis Ground
2 Red/light green stripe Power (from ignition switch)

3 Dark Blue or Red Voltage Output
4 Yellow Fused Power (hot all of the time)

Here is a replacement base with wires attached: https://www.amazon.com/Repair-Harness-Connector-Relay-Ford/dp/B0040CTZ7I

If there is a #5 wire on the new base, cut it short and TAPE the end

Last edited:

Randall008

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford bronco ii
Transmission
Manual
Thank you, that is very helpful.. I will go pick one up.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals