• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Converting doors and windows

Disturbed_Ranger

Reaction score
Hey guys. Like the title says, i'm tired of opening the damn door with my key and tired of having to roll-down the window. I LOVE my yellow beast but if i would have to change anything before modding it, its changing that. Has anyone ever done this before? 2002 ranger edge. Thanks :cool:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are you sure it doesn't have keyless entry? I didn't think my F-150 had it either until I found a brand new remote under the seat and it worked.

TRUNK_MONKEY

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
jeep
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys. Like the title says, i'm tired of opening the damn door with my key and tired of having to roll-down the window. I LOVE my yellow beast but if i would have to change anything before modding it, its changing that. Has anyone ever done this before? 2002 ranger edge. Thanks :cool:
any car alarm store should be able to help with aftermarket accessories that can do both of those.post back with what you find.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Both are doable, but . . .

The remote keyless entry (RKE) is the easier. That's just adding actuators to the door and wiring them to a receiver unit. There's a lot good kits for this out there.

The power windows are more complicated. The only aftermarket kit I'm aware of that is decent is SPAL. Transplanting the complete OEM power windows on one that new would be a pain, as the windows are tied into the GEM and I think that a one-touch module is standard.

"If it were me" I'd go with a good aftermarket RKE kit on the locks. On the windows I'd get just the OEM motors and regulator assemblies from a donor truck, and wire them straight to a pair of switches. OEM switches would work for this, or aftermarkets. Keep the original door panels "as is", and put trim plugs in the old crank holes. I'd look at mounting the switches central in cab, like in the console or lower dash; that would eliminate the need for a second passenger switch.

This approach would give good dependability without really hacking the truck up too badly. Done right, original parts being saved, the truck could be returned to stock later.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals