• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Cruise Control Issues

superfitter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm not new here but this is my first post, not sure if this is the right place. If not can someone please point me in the right direction. Am having problems locating cruise control interupter switch on my 94 STX 4.0L automatic

acsnowrider

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD RANGER
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Cruise Control cancel switches, on older vehicles are generally, located on the brake petal levers-- they can be the brake light/interlock shifter switch, or possibly a separate switch, but are usually somewhere on the brake petal mech/lever.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
The cruise control disable circuit branches off of the brake light switch. It goes through the clutch switch before it goes to the cruise module.
On an auto, the clutch switch connector is present and taped to the main harness coming through the firewall, but it has a jumper plug in the connector to complete the circuits. The wire color is light green; it'll have +12V with brake pedal pressed. You should also have a vacuum switch on the brake pedal; this dumps the cruise servo vacuum when you press the pedal. Make sure that the vacuum switch is fully seated in the holder, so that the brake pedal "up" closes it.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
There should also be a vacuum valve in the cab at the booster, it dumps vacuum in the cruise module(in engine bay) that holds the throttle open, so a non-electronic disable method, if you press brake pedal.

If this leaks then cruise won't stay on

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals