• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

custom '00 ranger bumper

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
'00 ranger front bumper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing special here but it needed one and I don't plan to put a winch on it. I might cut some holes in it for a set of lights, haven't made up my mind yet.

Started out with this for the center section and just started cutting out some plate filling in the holes.

this is where I left off for the night. Not to bad for an hour or two last night and about 4 hrs on it today.

RockRanger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not a fan of the location of the tow hooks but the rest of it looks good.

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I have it finished and hanging with the first coat of primer on it now.

I don't plan to keep the truck so this is as far as I planned to build it. After I got started with the bumper I figured what the hell the stock pull points are strong so I would just keep them on the frame and let them stick out through it. It would have been easier to take them off and weld on some new.

I also made it adjustable so I can close the gap at the grill. That is actually as low as it can go in the pics just hanging there on the truck.

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
finished...

BootPowerRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'97
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
v6 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How you noticed your truck running hotter with the bigger bumper blocking some airflow to the radiator?

Its a sharp looking bumper, I want to build one simmular but with a reciver tube in the front for my winch mount... it'll be on a '97 Ranger so I won't have to work around that irrregular shape of that grill. :D That should make it fool proof for me.
Again, it looks sharp.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Looks good. Shouldn't be any cooling issues. Doesn't look like it blocks to much more than a stock one would.

BRONCONUT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'95~'00
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.8~4.0
Transmission
Automatic
It works fine and doesn't run any warmer, like said it doesn't block any more than the stock one did. As far as the tow hooks go they re the stock ones. It has a 3" BL on it and they made it very easy putting this bumper on by myself. I think I am going to add light bar on it here soon.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Looks great to me. I have seen bigger bumpers on smaller trucks and no airflow was lost to the radiators...don't worry about it. Great build work!!! I would run that bumper on my trucks, Bro!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals