• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

dana 60 passenger drop,differnt t-case?

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
found a set of 60's....passenger drop front.
these things have been completely gone thru...dont know the gear ratio
they have 6" arched rough country leaf springs.
they are sitting under an 70's model jeep commando that someone started a build on and had to sell.
jeep body is about 60% good v-6 motor that runs,has t-case,trans whole truck is there.
the bad part is he wants 3 grand for the whole truck and wont budge.

could i use a divorced t-case set up with a pass side drop and run this or is it not worth it?

could i recoup any coin outta the jeep carcas?
i kida hit the mother load this afternoon so iam full of questions.......lol
he had 2 other trucks for sale............iam gonna pick your brains about them in their proper forums.............one is a f-250 4x4 with 60k on it.............your gonna love this..........the other is a 1951 wyllis panel wagon with 35k on it!

i needa loan somebody!!!:clapping:............anybody work at a bank???

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
Yes it is possible to tack a divorced t-case behind your current set up. You'll have to redo your exhuast for sure but it can be done. I don't know anything about about older Jeep. What year of F-250? It will have a sterling 10.25/10.5 rear and either a HD dana 44 or Dana 50 either solid axle or TTB, I belive a Dana 60 may have been an option but would be rare. As far a the Dana 60s it might be worth it for you. In my area a decent shape front Dana 60 goes for about a grand if the owner knows what it is. A rear around $500.

Matt

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
iam going on the guys word that they have been gone thru......they have been blasted and painted........u-joints at the wheel look new.........springs are new ....3 grands a little steep still............still tossing it around............pretty sure i can go to memphis and score a set of rockwells for 1,500 to 2,000 bucks........

thanks for the info nitemare!

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
iam going on the guys word that they have been gone thru......they have been blasted and painted........u-joints at the wheel look new.........springs are new ....3 grands a little steep still............still tossing it around............pretty sure i can go to memphis and score a set of rockwells for 1,500 to 2,000 bucks........

thanks for the info nitemare!
3 grand does seem a little much for the parts list, might be worth it though if you were planning on finishing the project. I think my D60's are around 750#'s for the pair, can't imagine lugging around 1,400#s of axle weight for the rockwells.

hick

projectnitemare

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
396W
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to get rockewells cheaper than that. I paid $800 for a front and rear. I would only pay that if they were completely rebuilt, painted and had a locker installed and you can still rebuild them yourself much cheaper than that.

Matt

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hick,
how well will the 60's hold up with a 44-18.50 tire?

nitemare,
those things are getting like gold down here...........all the swamp trunks in fla. are using them..............chucks trucks buys all that they can get.
havent checked with the surplus place in memphis lately.thats where stacey david got all his from for the TRUCKS! projects.

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
hick,
how well will the 60's hold up with a 44-18.50 tire?

nitemare,
those things are getting like gold down here...........all the swamp trunks in fla. are using them..............chucks trucks buys all that they can get.
havent checked with the surplus place in memphis lately.thats where stacey david got all his from for the TRUCKS! projects.
Honestly I couldn't tell you, they are part of my 2-year plan for the Mazda. From what I have read up on it, build 60's should last, stock won't. A guy in my club was busting up stock stub shafts with his BII and 36's, but if you are willing to dump a couple of grand in them they should work.

hick

Todd

HCT
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
90/92/99/04
Make / Model
BIITR
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
A guy in my club was busting up stock stub shafts with his BII and 36's, but if you are willing to dump a couple of grand in them they should work.
hick
Stock 60 stubs are only 31 spline. Get some 35 spline stubs.

COPPERHEAD85

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the info..............dont know if i want to buy these or not......

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals