• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Drag Truck - The Danger Ranger

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
That looks like a fun build, but I sure hope you plan to gusset and fish plate the junction to your new frame rails and the old rails, there is almost no structure there and it would sure suck if that fell off :)
Yup the frame will get more reinforcement once everything is put together...it will also have front runners from the cage to add strength

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Didn't finish the crossover per se, as I have about half of the finish welding to do, but we'll call it complete. Very happy with how it looks and especially my use of space and not sticking out much beyond the crank pulley (only a little on the driver's side) as there was only an inch or two between the stock radiator fans and the pulley.

ksack

U.S. Military - Active
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been absent for a bit. Bought an airplane so I've been flying that instead of working on the Ranger. Anyway, started the roll cage install and progress was halted by a broken power switch on my MIG welder. Short video below!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals