• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Duratec interchangeability

craveman85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2008, 1981
Make / Model
ford, AMC
Engine Size
2.3l, 2.5
Transmission
Manual
Anyone know what other years of the 2.3 would be a direct swap for my 2008 engine? I've got about 250k on it now and would like to get another to keep on hand should something happen. Also while we're at it what years of manual transmission would be a direct swap as well. I tried some searching but couldn't find a good interchange source.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2004 to 2012 Ranger 2.3l or B2300 engine will work

2001-2003 2.3l Duratec used heated thermostat and IMRC so you could use these but would need to swap over some parts

2.3l Duratec has unique bellhousing pattern, so only a transmission from another 2.3l RWD Duratec will bolt to the engine.
Model of transmission is M5OD-R1(M5R1), same model was used from 1988 to 2012 in Rangers and B-series, but as said only an M5R1 from a 2.3l Duratec will work for you, so 2001 to 2012

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals