• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

experience with camcraft 2.9l cam?

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
what luck have you had with a cam craft cam in your 2.9l?which did you chose and what reccomendation for more bottom end in engine with headers 86tb and k&n.i'm thinking about their heads also or porting some world heads like them.i might use their heads with a stock cam to get more bottom end torque.any stories,links,or reccomendations welcome.

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
what luck have you had with a cam craft cam in your 2.9l?which did you chose and what reccomendation for more bottom end in engine with headers 86tb and k&n.i'm thinking about their heads also or porting some world heads like them.i might use their heads with a stock cam to get more bottom end torque.any stories,links,or reccomendations welcome.
not trying to push you off,
Give'm a call and tell them what you got going on & what you plan on doing....I'm sure that they will be more than happy to answer your questions.

I did order the middle cam for my 2.9...it's .04 over bore....but...its a bit earliy to tell cause i have some other issues and havn't gotten it to the dependable state yet, (electronic issues)....but early results seem good.

check out the tech library here...there is a link there to cam craft web site with part numbers.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
yeah when i called them the rep suggested the middle cam and said they were all pretty much for 4x4's.he diden't really say much about the actual difference between their cams and which makes the most bottom end.he also sent me back here to ask end users about how their motors act with the different cams.not a lot of these cams make it onto a dyno so he woulden't guess about the rpm ranges or hp #'s my goal is to increase bottom end torque(without a 4.0l swap) without hurting top end.if thats the case maybe the mildest cam(or stock) would be good along with porting and higher ratio rockers to get the valves open faster.there's got to be bench racers on this site dumb enough to play with their 2.9l's like me.mostly i'm wondering is which of those cams starts to trade TQ for HP.whats your idea for a built 2.9l trail motor?believe me i've read all the articles and links over and over,looking for real world driveability probs,detonation,lack of bottom end,etc. thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals