• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

First Time Poster

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys just found this site. I'm totally revamping my 2003 edge and want to put a suspension lift (preferranly 2-3"). The only bad thing is I'm clueless when it comes to this topic. I guess what I would like to know is what are some good (and rather cheap) lifts and anything else yall would like to add. Thanks!

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.

FastJake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You can crank the torsion bars up front. That will give you 2 inches of lift. A two or three inch body lift will work too.

But like BDAB said, any suspension lift is going to be very expensive.

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
so if i crank my torsion bars to get 2 in. what would I need to do to level out the back. Also, what size tire could I fit? Thanks

Joe_Roofer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dude, welcome, and check out the ranger station link at the bottom of this page (next to contact us) and then at the top of the next page go to the "tech library". lots and lots of good info.

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok... i looked for a while but have yet to find what the best tire size would be if I just did the 2in lift. Should I stick with 15 in wheels or can I move up to 16's?

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
so if i crank my torsion bars to get 2 in. what would I need to do to level out the back. Also, what size tire could I fit?
The torsion crank DOES level the front with the back. Torsion crank to level and you can fit 265/75-16 or 32x11.50-15. Know that whatever amount you "lift" it by doing that is also how much downtravel you lose, because all you are doing is adjusting the suspension downward.
Is your Edge 2wd or 4wd?
If it's 4wd then the Superlift kit for $1300 is about the only game in town.
If it's 2wd then you can use dropped front spindles and use an add-a-leaf or shackles or taller blocks in the rear.
On either 2wd or 4wd you can use a bodylift which doesn't cost a lot but the install will....which would still be cheaper than the Superlift.
The mac daddy setup are the kits from RCD or Dixon Bros. which cost a boxcar load of money.

Should I stick with 15 in wheels or can I move up to 16's?
15" tires are cheaper than 16". If your stock wheels are 15", they are 7" wide which is really too narrow for a 32x11.50. 15x8 rim with 3.75" backspace and 32's will slide right on. You could also use a 265/75-15 or 31x10.50-15 on the stock 15" rims, which would not require you to lift the rear at all, just a TT up front.

Last edited:

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i really want to do a 3 in lift but money is not in my favor at the moment being a college student and all. anyways just out of curiosity what are some relatively cheap / reliable kits? I work at a mechanic shop so I'm sure I could get someone over there to help with the install for free. I'm looking at getting some 15 x 8 wheels but I also saw some 15x10's. What is the biggest I can fit on a 16 without rubbing? oh yeah, mine is 2wd

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
Camberg dropped front spindles and rear blocks. Biggest 16 that will fit without rubbing is a 285/75-16 which is essentially a narrow 33. For 15's, BFG makes a 33x10.50-15 A/T.
15x8 with 3.75 backspace or 15x10 with about 4.25", no more than 4.5".
Bodylift and a torsion crank is really the cheapest way to go for you. Torsion crank is basically free plus the cost of an alignment afterward.

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
can you suggest some body lifts?

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
The Performance Accessories bodylift is highly thought of around here. Summit and most of the 4x4 mail order places will have it.
Then if you're going to run 33" tires, I'd recommend 4.56 gears but if you have an automatic and 4.10's you could live with it.

doiron123

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals