• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Badges & Ranger Emblems

RangerJoey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Teen Wolf for President!
Hi All,

Newbie here! Just was wondering about several small tweaks to bring a 1999 XLT cosmetically up to date and figured I'd address some of the low hanging fruit before talking a face swap. I currently don't have a Ranger,
but if (WHEN!), are there guideholes behind the Ford Badge located on the bottom passenger corner of the tailgate? Also regarding the Ford Badge,
does anyone know if the newer rear emblems, (I believe 2006 and up),
have posts as well? My aim would be to remove the lower stock emblem and mount a newer style in the middle of the tailgate.

Finally, does anyone know if the stock "Ranger (XLT)" name badges that sit on the fenders use guideposts? And of course, does anyone know if the newer style name badges require posts and/or align to the 1999 body? Like the Ford emblem, I'd like to swap the old individual lettering style with the newer full name plates.

Thanks for any input!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Not sure about the tailgate ones (but most likely they do have guide posts). Fenders have guide posts on the emblems.

Now... 1993 and up Rangers shared the same beds. The difference was in the taillight and wiring for it, so a tailgate will swap. 1998 and up Rangers used the same front fenders, so the guide holes should be the same.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

RangerJoey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Teen Wolf for President!
Thanks LBF! Definitely going to be my first "mod"
with the Fenders Emblems. Just contemplating whether to get the "Ranger"
or the "Ranger XLT" emblems. :dunno: I kind of like the simplicity of just "Ranger"...

So thinking about the tailgate, I'm not a fan of the emblem being stuck down in the corner. I have no problem buying a new Ford badge and centering it with some sort of adhesion, (presumably after dremeling off any guideposts),
but wondering how I can address the OEM badge holes. Maybe swap in another newer style Ranger emblem? Secretly, I would love to shave everything off and go with some sort of older nostaligic looking "FORD" lettering. But then I feel like that's sort of a commitment to a new paintjob!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Only good way I know of for filling holes is to weld them closed... which is why I suggested trying to get a newer tailgate and just swap tailgates. I've tried other methods, but with limited success.

Sent from my kite using a trebuchet

RangerJoey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Teen Wolf for President!
Thanks man! Guess I might have to live with it.
The truck is green and was later discontinued in newer models with the middle mounted badge. But if I do the 99 to 04+ front swap, I'd need to get a hood and repaint it so... :icon_idea:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Thanks LBF! Definitely going to be my first "mod"
with the Fenders Emblems. Just contemplating whether to get the "Ranger"
or the "Ranger XLT" emblems. :dunno: I kind of like the simplicity of just "Ranger"...

So thinking about the tailgate, I'm not a fan of the emblem being stuck down in the corner. I have no problem buying a new Ford badge and centering it with some sort of adhesion, (presumably after dremeling off any guideposts),
but wondering how I can address the OEM badge holes. Maybe swap in another newer style Ranger emblem? Secretly, I would love to shave everything off and go with some sort of older nostaligic looking "FORD" lettering. But then I feel like that's sort of a commitment to a new paintjob!
I have seen where people cut out the sunken section with raised FORD lettering from a 83-92 truck and grafted it into their 93+ tailgate. It does look really sharp.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals