• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Free Projectors, LED tails for 2x 01-11 Ranger in SoCal for appearing in how-to video

TheEscapist

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey guys,

Forgive the double-post here, but I'm really hunting for one or two Rangers nearby in SoCal in good enough shape to shoot. I figure if I'll find them anywhere it'll be TRS...

Nick here - I'm a videographer for an automotive lighting company in City of Industry. I shoot and produce how-to videos explaining how to install the products we make. I'm also a former TRS member and RPS member, and still have a whole bunch of turbo 2.3L crap lying around (if you are in Socal for $30 cash you can have the turbo, exh manifold and 4x #24 or #36 injectors I have), funnily enough. I had a '93 Ranger 4cyl 5mt 2wd and a 1994 Explorer Sport 5mt 4x4. Both gone now, but I still service both of my parents Escapes.

We need all kinds of cars and trucks to come in, and obviously we can't have them all amongst the folks who work here, so we need people to volunteer to bring their vehicles in. The cool part is that we install and let you keep a set of projector headlights or sometimes LED tails - I shoot the whole thing, and make a nice how-to video at the end.

The requirements are that you have a clean (eg free of dents, all one color, no paint peeling) 2001-11 Ranger, and are able to come in to the office in City of Industry, CA.

I also need a 2001-05 model to come in to shoot how to install a set of our LED tail lights as well. (I can only give away one product per vehicle)

So again:
2001-11 Ranger for 1-Piece Projector Headlights
2001-05 Ranger for LED Tail Lights

It's best for you guys if I split it up between two separate trucks. so maybe a newer model would be best for the projectors, any 01-05 guy can nab the LED tails.

These are the headlights and tail lights I'm looking to demonstrate.

The tail light install is incredibly quick and takes just moments. The headlights are fairly simple as well and do not take too long. Your vehicle does not need to be a show vehicle, closer to stock is better for us, too.

If you're available and interested, please email a front/rear photo of your truck to RobertT@SpyderAuto.com (he does the vehicle schedule for me... but I try to find cars/trucks to tape.)

Here is a sample of one of my videos - the video we shoot with your Ranger will be very similar.
2012-13 Ford Focus Projector Headlight Install
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWOj3w4GYis

and for those wondering, yes, my family does have an Escape- a '13 SE 2.0T AWD. Gotta get the one with the good powertrain, yknow?
2013 Ford Escape SE 2.0T AWD Review + Ownership Experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuLBV54KLf8

disclaimer:
I'm not a salesperson, or representing the company directly, so I do not sell these myself nor does the company do direct retail sales. What I am here to do is give away some stuff and make a few videos in the process. If you want to actually buy a set, Amazon is a great source, but unfortunately I can't help you in any way directly.

Thanks for letting me post this here guys and I hope to hear from you soon!

BONUS!!!
I also need the following other Ford vehicles. If you have any of these, I'm giving away the product/s listed for those on SpyderBlackSeries.com too (note that the site does not have a shopping cart function or prices listed).
Ford Expedition 1997-2002 LED Tail Lights
Ford Expedition 2003-06 Projector Headlights
Ford Expedition 2003-06 LED Tail Lights
Ford Explorer 1995-01 Projector Headlights
Ford Focus 2000-04 LED DRL Projector Headlights
Ford Mustang 1987-93 Crystal Headlights with LED DRLs
Ford Mustang 1994-98 Projector Headlights
Ford Mustang 1996-2008 Euro Tail Lights

If you have any of the above, don't hesitate to shoot us an email or PM.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
This is a good opportunity for our Southern California members!

vanslyke626

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
If youve still got those 2.3 turbo parts ill gladly take them off your hands. Im in Rancho cucamonga so I could come get them today or tomorrow

Ehranger07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Want that ranger still?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Once again the Sport Trac gets hosed.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals