• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front hitch require cutting bumper?

DJ Skillz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
On the CURT website, they say that air dam modification "may be required." Does anyone know if this is indeed the case for an '06 FX4?

If so, are there any front hitches that won't require cutting up my bumper? I don't have and don't plan on any body lift.

jeffw920

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
They mean trimming the plastic valence part just below the bumper. it's really not a big deal, just plastic. I took a hack saw blade out of the saw frame and just used that. Don't have to take much material off, just notch out around the tube, its hardly noticeable when you are done. The only alternative would be to adjust the front bumper up where it attaches to the frame horns. From the looks of mine i could have probably avoided trimming if i loosened brackets and pushed the bumper all the way up so it was almost touching the bottom of the grill. Every truck will be a little different but trimming the valence is not a big deal work wise or cosmetically.

KennyRanger

Banned
--- Banned ---
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Everytime I have a question, I usually call these guys and they would explain what I need to do. Also, they have all kind of hitches that suits every budget. Here's the link and goodluck.
www.hitchanything.com

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals