• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

front rotors don't fit?

tico0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda B2300 SE
Transmission
Manual
I order a set of rotors with brake pads for my 96 mazda b2300 SE,
received them about a week ago but they don't fit!
it looks like the spindle in my truck is smaller, my truck is 2 wheel dive and does not have front abs, I'm not sure what went wrong, did they sent me the wrong rotors?
the center hub where the spindle goes on the new rotors it does look bigger.
Any advice?
Thanks.

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
You may have gotten wrong rotors. I tried using rotors off my ‘97 parts truck on my 94, both 2wd. The 97 rotors are different. Or maybe someone before you changed spindles to a different year and that’s the issue you have. (That would be a pain to figure out) I cross referenced part #s just to see what was different, both the inner (large) bearing and rotor were different on the 97 compared to the 94.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Ummm how bout giving us a brand and part # so we can check if they are correct.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Do a side by side comparison, take some measurements and find out what is on your truck compared to what you got new. if what @racsan said it true, and somebody swapped spindles, your measurements will tell you what you need to order.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You probably got 4x4 rotors.

Part number and brand will be helpful.

1999Mazda Central Florida

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
Tire Size
Michelin LTX M/S P235-75R15
I order a set of rotors with brake pads for my 96 mazda b2300 SE,
received them about a week ago but they don't fit!
it looks like the spindle in my truck is smaller, my truck is 2 wheel dive and does not have front abs, I'm not sure what went wrong, did they sent me the wrong rotors?
the center hub where the spindle goes on the new rotors it does look bigger.
Any advice?
Thanks.
Did you ever find out why they didn't fit? I'm about to do my front rotors on the '99 Mazda B2500...how does Motorcraft compare to aftermarket (example: Carquest?) Does it really matter
or are the pads the main thing (ie. not to skimp on.)

Attachments

tico0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda B2300 SE
Transmission
Manual
You may have gotten wrong rotors. I tried using rotors off my ‘97 parts truck on my 94, both 2wd. The 97 rotors are different. Or maybe someone before you changed spindles to a different year and that’s the issue you have. (That would be a pain to figure out) I cross referenced part #s just to see what w
You may have gotten wrong rotors. I tried using rotors off my ‘97 parts truck on my 94, both 2wd. The 97 rotors are different. Or maybe someone before you changed spindles to a different year and that’s the issue you have. (That would be a pain to figure out) I cross referenced part #s just to see what was different, both the inner (large) bearing and rotor were different on the 97 compared to the 94.
Hi !
I apologize for taking 2 months to answer,
Okay about my issue with the rotors, turned out they were the right size!
I made a big mistake on comparing the rotor with the new one, I saw a huge opening on the new rotor
where the inner bearing and seal goes and said oh SH%$ it's not going to fit and did not notice it needed a seal and inner bearing !
So I put them away and said ''this guys sent me the wrong parts'' (Was totally my fault)
It needed the seal and inner bearing for it to fit, I didn't account for that, I realized that, after I got another set of new rotors, they were identical.
All I did was clean and repack the bearings with new grease, install and that was it!
Some times that happens when we want to do things in a hurry, not being careful enough.
So again, I apologize for the dumb question or ( ? ) on my first posting.
And thanks for your responses, were very much appreciated.
Hope to be brave enough to ask a question next time I have an issue with my 96 B2300.

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Cool Tico, if it's any consolation, I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken , haha

tico0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda B2300 SE
Transmission
Manual
Did you ever find out why they didn't fit? I'm about to do my front rotors on the '99 Mazda B2500...how does Motorcraft compare to aftermarket (example: Carquest?) Does it really matter
or are the pads the main thing (ie. not to skimp on.)
Hi !
Yes, it turned out they were the right size rotors, it was me who was to quick to compare rotors,
the new rotor needed the seal and inner bearing, that's why I saw a big opening
( inner center hole diameter ) All I had to do is swap the seal and inner bearing and would've fit perfect,
But I was in a hurry so I didn't account for those parts, found out when I got the new set of rotors, they were exactly the same, I just swap the bearings (after cleaned and repacked with new grease) installed and that's it, good as new.
Aftermarket parts like rotors, brake drums and stuff, I think they're good, there's some good quality aftermarket parts out there, and most of the time you can tell when you're buying a part that it's cheaply made.
There's only a few parts I would get from the dealer and rotors it's not one of them, also when buying certain parts call dealer and compare prices, some times the price difference is just a few dollars, when that's the case dealer's the choice.
As far as your truck, can't tell you much, I know the rotors are not the same as on mine, My truck is a 96 B2300 and I think most parts are quite different from a 99 B2500,
and 99 B2500 rotors not compatible with 95, 96, 97, B2300, (95,96,97 are compatible)
but you can easily find out, just go to eBay enter make, model, year, and it will come right up, you'll see all compatible vehicles, try it out, it's easy. This is how I do when I search parts for my truck
1996 MAZDA B2300 that's it. some times little more info, depends on the part.
Good luck

tico0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda B2300 SE
Transmission
Manual
You probably got 4x4 rotors.

Part number and brand will be helpful.
Hi !
It was the right size rotors I was wrong,
I saw a huge opening on the new rotor where the inner bearing and seal goes and said oh SH%$ it's not going to fit and did not notice it needed a seal and inner bearing !
So I put them away and said ''this guys sent me the wrong parts'' (Was totally my fault)
like this time it's embarrassing what I did, (sending back the rotors thinking was the wrong part)
I really appreciate any help I get when I ask questions,
Thank you for responding.

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
I wasn't so lucky. I bought what everyone's catalog said ( 10.25 dia) I had. Turns out after I start the switch they are in fact 11.3 diameter. Naturally they have bearings and seals installed so they are "not returnable". So if anyone needs slotted , cross drilled, black coated, ABS ringed , 10.25 rotors , I have a pair with bearings and seals for $125 + shipping or $100 without bearings and seals + shipping., I am located in So Cal . Will be for sale at local swap meets too. New ones on the way @ $225. Big loser.
Randy

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ouch that hurts.
I wasn't so lucky. I bought what everyone's catalog said ( 10.25 dia) I had. Turns out after I start the switch they are in fact 11.3 diameter. Naturally they have bearings and seals installed so they are "not returnable". So if anyone needs slotted , cross drilled, black coated, ABS ringed , 10.25 rotors , I have a pair with bearings and seals for $125 + shipping or $100 without bearings and seals + shipping., I am located in So Cal . Will be for sale at local swap meets too. New ones on the way @ $225. Big loser.
Randy

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
Got my 11.3s last week and they fit perfect and work VERY well. Silver zinc , cross drilled and slotted . went together like a dream . Now to do the 8.8 and Mustang disc conversion swap in the rear . Less than $350 in the rotor to rotor swap with a traction lock . Junkyard parts except the new rotors/pads and Ford Racing aluminum cover. The 8.8 had a sway bar mine didn't so that is an added benefit to the swap. Maybe someone needs a 7.5 ,4.10 open drum to drum with 9" AND 10" brakes..
Randy

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals