• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

General Grabber AT2

danger_ranger05

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Well I got about 10,000 miles on em and they seem to be wearing very well. Ive took em through West Virginia mud, Ice, snow, rain, and pavement. This is for size 255/70r16

Mud: Well they ain't no mudders but will get you through!

Ice/Snow: This is where the tires shine! They love the snow and keep traction on the ice. But like any other smooth surface, drive careful and these tires will keep you safe.

Rain: No hydroplane at all and they grip just like its dry.

Pavement: Very good road manners but let you know you are running an AT. Seem to be getting the miles advertised by General Tire (50,000 warrenty).

All in all out of 5

Mud 3.5
Ice/Snow 5
Rain 4
Pavement 5

94power_ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
you make em sound like a pretty good tire. and i need new ones lol how much were they??

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
idk about the at2's but the general grabbers, with red letters..are awesome

DJ2.3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83/92/94
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had a set of at2s on my 96 4x4 and they held up great. Traction was ok but the quality and longevity were exceptional. I didn't have to balance them at all after the initial install, just rotated them a few times. I would highly recommend them if u want an a/t tire.

ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i have these tires on my 88 ranger 33x12.5 and they are a nice tire did some riding around in the snow and they do great. no signs of wear after 2,000 miles.

fordfan86

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
what about wear and tear on the other components like the hubs and ball joints? i got a set of Cooper STT 31x10.50x15's on my 98 4x4 ranger and as cool as they are they have eaten suspension components.

i have replaced the ball joints on both side at least twice since ive had them and ive replaced both hubs as well.

i still have them on now because i cant afford new ones at the moment but i will need new ones soon so im saving up for some. i dont do much off-roading but i do live in the sticks so backroads and shitty pavement are everywhere. so i can rule out the roads as being the culprit for replacing suspension parts so often since they aren't that rough.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
speaking from my experience they are heavier than other tires of the same type and size. I wouldn't recommend them for any kind of mud situation as they suck for self cleaning. as far as snow I'm semi impressed but for the price I've seen, I wouldn't buy them new as I can find comparable tires cheaper. I'M not sure on what ply rating mine are but compared to what I've ran in the past they defiantly ride rougher and bounce my truck around on dirt roads..

here's mine.

MastuhWaffles

11/2014 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
My credo
I need more sleep.
I got 31's on right now, there great! I get lots of traction in about everything. And it cost me around $140 a tire so the price was great as well. They also have spots where you can put studs into them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals