• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

GM axles

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
My neighbor blew the transmission in his 4x4 '85 Chev 1500 forest service truck.He transplanted the 400SBC into his other truck and offered the carcase to me. It looks like it has a D44 in the front and the rear I think may be corprate.They are six lug and the rear is a full floater.I thought about snatching the axles,springs,steering,drive shafts,doing a tube swap for passenger side drop,and sell the carcase.

Or should I just grab a jeep D30?I'm not planning to go over 33 inch tires.This '01 Ranger will be a DD.

yostyexplorer94

Solid Axle Swap
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
Dana 44 chevy would be too much work for little gain. You could find a 70's ford dana 44 and narrow the passenger side tube. For 33's max daily driving the dana 30 jeep axle would probably be the simplest way to go. Dana 30 should be the same lug pattern you have and you should be able to find one with the same gear ratio as your rear. You wouldn't have to modify the axle housing either.

ben_2_go

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Furd
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5 Scrap
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235-75-R15
My credo
None at all.
I scrapped the chev axle idea,after getting a better look this morning.Those axles are completely burnt and not worth it. :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals