• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good Book series

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
Anyone here into the Repairman Jack series by F. Paul Wilson?

Good books. I have read The Tomb and am now reading Legacies. (first two in the series.)

I highly recommend it.

http://repairmanjack.com/faq_III.htm

The Tomb:
Much to the chagrin of his girlfriend, Gia, Repairman Jack doesn’t deal with electronic appliances—he fixes situations for people, situations that usually involve putting himself in deadly danger. His latest project is recovering a stolen necklace, which carries with it an ancient curse that may unleash a horde of Bengali demons.

Jack is used to danger, but this time Gia’s daughter Vicky is threatened. Can Jack overcome the curse of the yellow necklace and bring Vicky safely back home?

Legacies:
Repairman Jack isn't your average appliance repairman. He fixes situations for people, often risking his own life. Jack has no last name, no social security number, works only for cash, and has no qualms when it comes to seeing that the job gets done.

Dr. Alicia Clayton, a pediatrician who treats children with AIDS, is full of secrets, and she has just inherited a house that holds another. Haunted by painful memories, Alicia wants the house destroyed but somehow everyone she enlists to help ends up violently killed. The house holds a powerful secret, and Alicia's charmless brother Thomas seems willing to do anything to get his hands on that secret himself. But not if Repairman Jack can find it first

Happy reading.

AJ

Funnyman141

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87, 94
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
dang that sounds like a book series i could get in to, only if i had the cash.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I have finished reading this series. Excellent reading well worth your time. Think of it as Burn Notice meets HP Lovecraft. I am now reading the Adversary Cycle by the same author, and those books tie in to the Repairman Jack books (The Tomb is actually an Adversary Cycle book as well)

Check them out...

AJ

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have "The Keep" and "The Tomb".....and possibly others. Haven't updated the book list in a while.

Rembrandt

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
Best series I have read is The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. Reread them again and again. Its set back in the medieval times and its based on a street rat kid who becomes an apprentice to a famous assassin and it is all about his life and adventures. Amazing read if anyone looks into it.

Another one is The Passage by Justin Cronin. Very long book and starts out slow but it sucks you in. Its like a different take on government experiments, armageddon, and vampire-ish creatures. It is set up as a teaser for a series about the whole story set to release next year I believe. For a teaser book, around 1000 pages is ridiculous but they breeze by like you wouldn't believe once you get bout 50 pages in.

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
I like series books.......right now I'm reading Ezekiel...non-fiction..one of the first humans to write in detail of other-world encounters.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I like series books.......right now I'm reading Ezekiel...non-fiction..one of the first humans to write in detail of other-world encounters.
I think I've read that one...good story...believable characters...nice ending...

I've read the entire Jack Reacher series...by Lee Child...great books that I can relate to...there are 13 so far and a new one in the works...it gets to be the same old same old some times...Reacher kills bad guys or beats them senseless with their own body parts...ex MP Major...freelance sounds a bit like this series though...never changes his underwear...he's tough!

If the Tomb is anything like Jack Reacher it will be worth looking for...thanks

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The John Sanford "Pray" series is really good if your looking for a crime suspense novel that you cant put down, as is Vince Flynn's series if your looking a good spy novel, the last 2 or 3 in the series are kinda lame but the first 6 or 7 are kick ass.

97RangerXLT

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
I have read a few Vince Flynn books, loved them. my best friend really likes the Prey novels. may have to look into those as well.

AJ

Will

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
God, those "Prey" books have worn me down to the nub. I mean, the worst thing that ever happens in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area is that farmers come up missing sheep because a few inbreds need winter companionship. I read a few of Sanford's books, but they are pretty stale. Yes, you can write Sanford books. I wrote one to see if I could do it, and then threw it away.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Anybody read Source Field by David Wilcock? I started reading it and then searched on the Backster Effect...found out Myth Busters tried and failed to get plants to react...but, then again, their whole show would go down the tube if everyone found spiritual happiness and got in tune with the cosmos...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Currently reading "The Christmas Train" by David Baldacci...not really a series, per say, but it is funny and entertaining...not to mention giving good script on the Amtrack trains...I've only traveled by train a few times and found it enjoyable...but this story has so many little twists and turns and is somewhat predictable...

Baldacci is a pretty good writer...

Another author I simply enjoy and have read his "series" is Michael Connoly (sp)...his stories about Heronimus Bosh (Harry Bosh) are really good...I think I've read them all but always nice to actually reread one of his stories after a few years.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, I am just reading my first "John Irving" titled "A Prayer for Owen Meany" and I must say...it is rather dry...like a good white wine...but I found a section that struck me as hilarious...couldn't stop laughing...so I am looking forward to "Cider House Rules"...even though I don't think it was intended as a comedy...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals