• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

good deal on coilover conversation?

USCGC130

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5"
so i just got a set of deaver F31 for $150 and they seem in good shape, i also got the mount plate for reaf coil overs that go on top of the leaves for another $50

and now i’m torn on this front coilover conversion kit (just brackets and the engine cage bar) for 300 he has, what do you guys think? go for it?

sorry i cant get any pictures to load in here ( try the instagram link) but its basically just a big bracket with a hoop and hydraulic bump stop that pinches inside a pice of pipe and the main part of the bracket bolts to the frame after you remove the coil bucket

it’s for my 1997 ranger ext cab 4.0L
http://instagr.am/p/Bx3kySpglVSU7Vg62Qvsh8uoKlSAup5uuebfTI0/

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I get "this account is private". I won't sign up to look at your pics. Can you change the privacy settings ? Most likely you need to resize your pics to load onto TRS.

USCGC130

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5"
okay i made it a public account but for some reason i still cant load them up here

USCGC130

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5"
decided to pass on them i will have a shop fab those up if i ever need them, but i did get some camburg tig shackles for 100$ i’ll run those with the deavers and the kartek lowered flipped shackles

JOLENE_THE_RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
those plates you got for on top of the leaf springs are not for coilovers. they are for larger (bypass) shocks to be mounted to. without seeing pics....that engine cage set up he has is fairly cheap vs having a shop build one up for you at an hourly shop rate.

USCGC130

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5.5"
Jolene, thanks for the reply sorry i deleted the picture since i decided to passand yea i knew the back plates are just for shocks, still on the fence about running a small bed cage for some bigger shocks, probably either fox or bilsteins with remote reservoirs. As for the front i think you are right it would be cheaper to get but i don’t think i really need coilovers , also i don’t know for sure if it will fit on standar length beams or if it need extended beams like the camburg kit

my plan of attack for the front is just do the F250 shock mount mod to get a bit more shock up front and use either fox or bilstein up there to match the back, and run a skyjacker 4” lift kit with extended radius arms and depending on how much lift i need to match the back either their 4” or 6” coils.

and the back will be as stated above in my previous post

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals