• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good off road tires??

Sunk

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 Eco
Transmission
Automatic
I have Cooper Discoverer STT's and they're a pretty good tire. I think I have the old tread pattern, it looks a lot like the Dunlop Mud Rovers. I like their new pattern too, it looks pretty aggressive, a lot like the Toyo Open Country M/T.

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Tires

I was just on 4wheelparts.com and found "blem" tires for sale...

Pro Comp Mud Terrains for $114.42

Are these good tires, what's 'blem" about um?

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
pro comp m/ts are really good mud tires, very similar to BFG m/ts, but they have holes for studs... good find on the blem's, never seen that on the site before.. heres what the say about them:

"Tires that are reclassified as Blems are tires that were found at the final inspection stage to have some cosmetic imperfection. This can be something as minor as a tire with white letters having a letter that has some black showing in the white letter. Cosmetic refers to something that slightly affects appearance. Tires that have a more serious flaw are scrapped and never sold. Blem tires carry the same standard respective manufacturers warranty. The exception is that a Blem tire cannot be adjusted for the condition that caused it to be reclassified as a Blem in the first place.."

du510

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
MAZDA
Transmission
Manual
Yes. They're a little pricey, but BFG M/T's came in first in a mud tire test in one of the 4x4 magazines last year*. They also wear well on the street for an M/T.
BFG's are really popular, may be worth a look on ebay & craigslist.

Bent Bolt

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Supercharged 4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Yes. They're a little pricey, but BFG M/T's came in first in a mud tire test in one of the 4x4 magazines last year*. They also wear well on the street for an M/T.
The tread on a Pro Comp M/T is very similar and you might get a better price. The Pro Comps have the advantage of being siped, which the BFG's are not, so they may do better on snow and wet roads.

*FWIW, Pro Comp X-Terrains were dead last by a long shot.
I've been happy so far with the Pro-Comp Extreme M/T tires-- they are different than the regular M/T. Haven't driven them in the snow yet but they have pulled me through everything I've dared go at.

**Knock on wood**

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
pro comp m/ts are really good mud tires, very similar to BFG m/ts, but they have holes for studs... good find on the blem's, never seen that on the site before.. heres what the say about them:

"Tires that are reclassified as Blems are tires that were found at the final inspection stage to have some cosmetic imperfection. This can be something as minor as a tire with white letters having a letter that has some black showing in the white letter. Cosmetic refers to something that slightly affects appearance. Tires that have a more serious flaw are scrapped and never sold. Blem tires carry the same standard respective manufacturers warranty. The exception is that a Blem tire cannot be adjusted for the condition that caused it to be reclassified as a Blem in the first place.."
Thanx fer the info.:icon_thumby:

mudranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got the BFG M/T's last year and I am really happy with them. They have pretty good road manners for a mud tire, and and they self-clean the sticky crud we have down here pretty well. If you shop it around, you can get a pretty good deal on em. It sounds like you do about the same type of off-road as me, plus some daily driving. I got them as a compromise between an AT (sucked in the mud) and a Swamper LTB (great off-road, NO road manners). When and if I wear em out, I will probably get another set....

Carlos Murphy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ordered tires

Tires comin next week, found um at 4wheelparts.com at a good price.

Procomp Mud Terrain 33/12.50/15 blems for $103.39 each plus tax but no shipping cuz I ordered them through my local 4X4 shop.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals