• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goodyear duratrac

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Same here, looks like they have a winner as far as a general purpose tire goes. I'd go as far to say decent competition for the BFG AT in lighter trucks, and especially for the heavy trucks where the BFG doesn't seem to hold up.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
One of my co-workers has them on his Ram 3500 work truck. He likes them enough, he bought them for his own Silverado. There is a backlog nationwide on certain sizes...
ya i orderd mine about a month or so ago they said they should be in any time. has anyoen had these in snow yet? thats the only terrain i havnt heard much about
________
Best Herbal Vaporizer

Last edited:

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
only up in the hills. I don't know about the pavement yet but time will tell... unless there is no snow this year.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
ya i orderd mine about a month or so ago they said they should be in any time. has anyoen had these in snow yet? thats the only terrain i havnt heard much about

We've had a bit of snow lately and people seem to be impressed with them so far:icon_thumby:

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok at 5:30 am I was heading to work this morning and It was finally iced over on the roads. These tires continue to shine. All I only had to slow down my take off down a little. Even the braking was controlled. Notice though that I did mention controlled speeds (For you hotrods out there.) It is still ice, but compared to the stock goodyear rt/s tires that I replaced They are still the best all around tires that I have ever used!

MountainMike

Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
245 CID
Transmission
Automatic
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
My credo
The fun begins where the pavement ends
I'm getting more and more looking forward to getting these tires every post you make Logan:D

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
me too haha. 2 of mine came in last week but the other two im waiting on...
________
Buy E Cigarette

Last edited:

johnnyboy110

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
99/09
Make / Model
Ford/Jeep
Transmission
Manual
I've been looking at the 33x12.5x15s for my ranger. Anyone have any pics of them on their ranger???

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
I had posted some on my ranger in 265/75r16. Folks I have to admit that I love these tires. I have not been this impressed by an a/t for along time!

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok at 5:30 am I was heading to work this morning and It was finally iced over on the roads. These tires continue to shine. All I only had to slow down my take off down a little. Even the braking was controlled. Notice though that I did mention controlled speeds (For you hotrods out there.) It is still ice, but compared to the stock goodyear rt/s tires that I replaced They are still the best all around tires that I have ever used!
I hated the RT/S almost as much as the AT/S.

I currently have the AT/S on my one ton and hate them SOB's. When I can afford it I have every intention of buying the Dura-Trecs.

Did I mention I work for a GoodYear and I can buy them at 20% below cost (as in 20% less then the normal cost my store pays for them, not retail):yahoo:

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Had RT/S on my sport trac when I got it...tossed them after about 3 days of driving on them. Horrible tire.

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
I don't personally have a set of these, but I think I can make a good prediction about snow performance based on driving through several snowy winters on BFG A/T's.

When a tire has big sharp shoulder lugs, like the duratrac and BFG A/Ts, they really claw hard at snow when you're offroad. They are great for that. But driving partially plowed highways is another matter. Everything is great until you drift a little out of the tire tracks through the snow left by the cars in front of you. As soon as those shoulder lugs hit the 1" of snow at the edge of the tire track, they just get sucked in big time. This happened to me again and again with the BFG's, once it ended in with the exploder doing circles down a two lane road at 40 mph. Luckily I was able to pull it out of the spin after about 3 times around. I loved these tires for their snow traction, but they were downright scary trying to drive down a partially cleared road. I now have some Cooper Discoverer H/Ts on there (got a real good price on 265/75R15) and I'm confident the nice round shoulder of the H/T will be much better on snowy roads.

But like I said, this is all based on the BFG's. I'm interested to hear if the duratracs share this issue.

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
i finally got mine on 33x12.50r15 working on gettin pics but dunno how to work my phone to do that. had them in a couple inches of mud worked awsome
________
Web Shows

Last edited:

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
Last edited:

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
can you email your phone pics' to photobucket? if so then use that site as your photo link. That is the only way I know how.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals