• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goodyear duratrac

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think I'm sold. :icon_bounceblue:
Haha, thanks for that plethora of information! :cool:
I will post pics when I get em.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
I was in Walmart the other day and looked at the Wrangler Authority tires again, and I guess I was wrong, the Wrangler Authoritys have as much siping, it's just different...

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got em!!

They're on and "I like em a lot!". I think they look good. I haven't tested them yet but it is suppose to snow pretty good up here over the next few days.

I also need to get my caps to fit over my front hubs....

Attachments

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
How are these on hard packed snow/ice? I'm thinking about getting them for next winter.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
They're on and "I like em a lot!". I think they look good. I haven't tested them yet but it is suppose to snow pretty good up here over the next few days.

I also need to get my caps to fit over my front hubs....
I had to cut out the centers of my front center caps.

Man, your truck and tires look great! You got a reg cab steppy too... :) I must say I like all years and styles of Rangers, but I really like the reg cab flareside Rangers...

How are these on hard packed snow/ice? I'm thinking about getting them for next winter.
I'll let you know in a month or so... :)

I'm actually looking forward to snow so I can see how the Duratracs handle. Hopefully they do good...

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had to cut out the centers of my front center caps.

Man, your truck and tires look great! You got a reg cab steppy too... :) I must say I like all years and styles of Rangers, but I really like the reg cab flareside Rangers...

I'll let you know in a month or so... :)

I'm actually looking forward to snow so I can see how the Duratracs handle. Hopefully they do good...
Thanks dude. You're truck looks awesome too! I though it was a 98+ at first. But then I looked at the side thing haha. I like the looks of reg stepsides but I want the room of an ext cab. But then the stepside looks sorta weird haha.

While I'm at it I want a small block v8 to come my way for free, along with install and a 4x4 conversion kit. Heck, I want a corvette ZR1 haha.

I will also comment after I test it in the snow. Hopefully over the next few days in light snow. Packed snow will have to wait for like January when we usually get hammered.

Viper Command

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2x'97-'88-'98-'
Make / Model
Ranger,Ranger,
Engine Size
3.0,4.0OHV 2.9, 4.6DOHC, 4.0SOHC
well I just put my duratracsin the snow, and im impressed even with the rears at half tread they are 5X better than the red letter general grabbers new.

slush, powder, hard pack it went where I pointed it, with minimal rear slide or wheel spin.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
well I just put my duratracsin the snow, and im impressed even with the rears at half tread they are 5X better than the red letter general grabbers new.

slush, powder, hard pack it went where I pointed it, with minimal rear slide or wheel spin.
I like the sound of that! I was hoping they would do good in snow... :)

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Just put my 33's on my 5.0L explorer last weekend..

macd7919

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Bumping an old thread, just put on a set of 33x12.5-15 Duratracs and I'm happy with the performance so far. They are quiet on the street, balanced out well and ride nicely, they also got plenty of grip on some silty climbs offroad that I was slipping on myself when I got out of the truck.

However, I did slash a sidewall but don't stop reading yet. I can't comment on exactly what it was but I put about a 2" slice straight through the inner rear. Tire had 400 miles on it when this happened, I figured since it was a sidewall issue that I would be at the store buying a new tire on my own dime. Well I called Goodyear customer service and explained what happened, told them I just purchased the tires, the sidewall had a puncture of approx. 2 inches and surprisingly, the rep I was speaking with offered to cover 50% of the replacement tire for me sight unseen. She put me on hold, called my local Discount Tire and authorized 50% of the bill to be charged directly to Goodyear when I came in for my replacement.

Ultimately, it sucks have a tire issue after 400 miles BUT I do have to commend Goodyear on customer service, whole thing was taken care of in a 10 minute phone call and I honestly expected them to tell me tough luck when they heard it was a sidewall puncture on a truck/aggressive AT tire.

In the end, they provided excellent service, the tire stuck like glue to everything I went through and also provided an excellent ride on the street.

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I finally picked up a set of 33x12.5r15's yesterday. Man do these drive nice! Immediately hopped on the road to clarkston after getting them and on the pavement they handle really well with just a slight hum, not as bad as a mud tire but more then the trashed at's I've ran. I also found that they will not slide when you try to lock the brakes up on a blind corner at 60, just hookup and stop safely. Now waiting for the snow season to hit Walla Walla!

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Forgot to mention that I was getting 21mpg with them and stock 3.73 gears. What air pressure is everyone running, the dealer set them at 30 but I'm thinking it should be more like 25 from the contact patch I have

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Street driving i am 40, while its stiff i get better mpg.

Returning from moab now. Tracs did awesome, great traction everywhere @ 10psi.

Kona

06/2014 OTOTM Winner
Canada Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
7"
Tire Size
35x12.50x15
n_bannerman what did you pay for your tires?

n_bannerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Got them for $864 out the door from a local tire shop mounted and balanced.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals