• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goodyear duratrac

Tractorman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought some Duratracs for my truck, 245/75/16. I love them so far. Makes a little harder on fuel, but otherwise, they're a 100x better than the Longtrails they replaced.

akalogan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok ONE last post (for real this time!) I have had these tires for almost 6 months now. Again I have not driven in sand, read no comment. I have never seen a tire do so much, this well. ON road at highway speeds, quiet, sure footed and even with a heavy-ass load, no sway. (I can't judge weights due to the e load rating, they don't squish down like the p rated tires do!) Wet pavement. They dig in and soldier on. Snow. They laugh at snow and ice. Powered dirt they act like paddles. Mud. DO NOT STICK YOUR HEAD OUT THE WINDOW! Yeah I did it once. These tires throw things hard. Gravel is a day in the park. They are showing no signs of wear after six months of hard use and several corner curb scuffs. The side lugs grab anything available to give you even more traction in the lose stuff. Long live the Duratrac tires!

kris97ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4 litre and 7.3 litre
Transmission
Automatic
i love thses too and havnt found anything there bad with. i rolled my truck with them on ( not the tires fault) and the rim protectors worked great the tire hit sidewall flat on the the ground and my rims fine
________
Aliviya4you

Last edited:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
I picked up a set of 33's in the duratrac's myself today for the full size bronco.

Sampson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have had mine for over a year now and love them. I use to have the old style GY mtr's and they were really loud and wore out quick, but the duratracks are much quitter, better on road and just as good off.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i just got a set of these put on my work van and maybe it's a little more slick this year than last but they dont seem to bite on hardpack snow! i have allway's had the workhorses for winter tire's on the van and have been really happy with them. but they do find traction in everything else and ride awsome. on unplowed road's they are down right amazing until everyone else has gone down that same road and packed it down then there down right scary.it's at these time's i wish i could have a new set of workhorse's again. i dont think this really will translate to putting them on a 4wd RBV as i am driving a 2wd that is severly overloaded and underpowered and worst thing is it's a damn chevy.

Last edited:

Mar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'll be getting these install this weekend after waiting one month for them to arrive.
Guess I'll have to head for the hills then and try them out in everything I can find including snow.:yahoo:

CheapThrillB2

May 2010 OTOTM
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1975-1995 Ford
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
soon 5.8L
Transmission
Automatic
Only complaint is at higher speeds 70 mph+ then can get a little unstable do to the tread depth, open blocks, and all the sipes.

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
unstable in my work van is an understatement i dont belive there is any tire that will make it feel stable. the rear axle has more than just a smooth spot from constant contact with the bumpstop. but when your out in the stick's in a snow storm you need to have the part's to get ppl heat again

whocares

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Just got a really good deal on these from discount tire, 33/12.50/15 mounted on new wheels, balanced, valve stems, lugs and locking lugs and the lifetime replacement warranty. Love the tires they are doing great so far.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
Thanks in part to this thread I bought me a set of 31/10.50-15 Duratracs. I just got them last night. So far they don't wander on the road like my 31/10.50 BFGs on my other truck, they are pretty quiet considering the tread, and they look pretty cool.

I got them at a Goodyear Auto Service Center, and I have 30 days to try them out, if I don't like them for whatever reason I can exchange them for another tire. (Another tire they sell that is...)

Anyway, I took some quick pics on my cell on break at work. Their not the best pics so I'll probably take some more with my actual camera this weekend.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those look sexy. I think I'm pickin mine up on tuesday! I can't wait! They make the truck look way beef-e-er!

Edit:
They don't fill up the rear wheel well as much as I thought they would..

Last edited:

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
Those look sexy. I think I'm pickin mine up on tuesday! I can't wait! They make the truck look way beef-e-er!

Edit:
They don't fill up the rear wheel well as much as I thought they would..
They don't fill up the rear wheel well on mine because I have a pretty bad rake going on... It was that way when I bought the truck, and it was made a little worse when I replace the leafs (thought I had a bad one). Come tax time I am going to lift the front a little...

So far I love them. They ride really good considering the tread, and are just a little noisier than the tires I replaced, but not noisy enough to bother me...

mdn14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Are they worth the money? They are sorta expensive tires (to me, a poor college student). But I would like them if they are worth their weight in gold.

four100d

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Stock
Total Drop
Stock
Tire Size
31/10.50-15
Are they worth the money? They are sorta expensive tires (to me, a poor college student). But I would like them if they are worth their weight in gold.
Are they worth the money? From the reviews I have read, and the little experience I've had with them so far I would say yes. I guess if I get stuck in the snow this year my thoughts on this will change... :)

As far as their weight in gold, if you read all the posts in this thread by "akalogan" you get the feeling they are pretty close... :D

I weighed all my options in the 31x10.50-15 size. I looked at the least expensive A/T to the top of the range of money I could spend.

These were my possibilities:

Firestone Destination A/T
Goodyear Wrangler Authority
Bridgestone Dueller Revo 2
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
BF Goodrich KO A/T

I read a lot of good reviews and almost bought the Firestone Destination A/Ts because they were the least expensive at around $140 per tire and I thought they may be better for gas mileage.

The Wrangler Authority ATs are a Walmart tire and look pretty close to the Duratracs and only cost $150.50 currently, but I like the Duratracs tread pattern a little more and the Duratracs had more siping.

The Revo 2s were a possibility, though I liked them and at first was thinking of mpgs, I kind of wanted something that had a little more of an aggressive look (I know tires are about more than looks...)

My other Ranger has 31" BFG A/T KOs, so I kind of wanted something different for my 4x4, though, I love my BFGs too.

I read reviews on the Duratracs in a bunch of places on the Internet, and once I read this thread, I decided to go for it... So far I'm glad I did.

I'll be looking forward to the first decent snow this year so I can see how well the Duratracs perform...

Oh, and speaking of expensive tires, my wife recently got a 08 Dodge Caliber. I checked on tire prices and was surprised to find a decent set of all-season tires for it cost just as much as the Duratracs I just bought. And that's before the $29 per tire discount I got on my Duratracs. With that added in, all-season tires for her car cost more than my Duratracs; Crazy...

If you want to possibly save around $40 per tire, you could go with the Walmart Wrangler Authority A/T's for $150.50. But if you go to a Good Year Auto Service Center, you may be able to get them to give you a price break like I got, then it's worth it to spend $10 to $12 more a tire to get the Duratracs.

One last thing, if you are going for a beefier look, go with the Authority ATs or the Duratracs, or a good set of M/Ts. The BFGs look great on my other Ranger, but they do not look as beefy as the Duratracs... :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals