• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Guess what... I passed my inspection!

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well, i did have to replace my winshield wipers, but That is the closest to a full pass that I have ever gotten!

Soon, I'm going to be getting it ready for a road trip to seattle here pretty soon. I'm sure I'll have a few questions when I start on that project.

Joe_Roofer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Congratulations!
Matbe I'll do that someday lol!

Pt_Ranger_V8

FullsizeFreakin'
U.S. Military - Active
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
19 something
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
SWEET!!!

mind posting up what your limits/actual readings were? I'm just curious to see how well the MS worked out for you :grin:

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Congratulations!
Matbe I'll do that someday lol!
What he said, but hopefully I'll never do either. Thankfully we haven't got inspections here ((finds wood)knock, knock, knock...). Hopefully I'll never be taking a road trip to Seattle, if I do it'll probably be on motorcycle or just passing through on the way to somewhere much nicer.

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Congrats!

I remember after about 1995 my parents always dreaded inspection time with their 1986 Ranger. My dad would always come home with various chemicals from work (he worked at a lab) to dump in the gas tank to get it to pass. Usually it would still fail the emissions part. The horn was also intermittant at times. Sometimes it would fail an inspection for the horn, then it would start working again later in the day and my parents would just take it back for its sticker.

Martinnyc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Automatic
aah, good o'l ny inspections. For the first time I owned a vehicle that passed inspection with no bribery neccesary (the current ranger), and a few months ago, a nice rock out on the freeway ruined it all, chipping my windshield.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Fortunately I live outside the areas of emissions inspections in Georgia. But back when they required safety inspections state-wide a l o n g time ago, all they checked for was that the axles were greased and the horse wasn't blind.

compleckz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i've never had a problem with emissions in mass, i have however had trouble with.... everything else. (safety issues of all types)

SuperRob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Fortunately I live outside the areas of emissions inspections in Georgia. But back when they required safety inspections state-wide a l o n g time ago, all they checked for was that the axles were greased and the horse wasn't blind.
ROTFLMFAO

Chuckwagons were a GREAT thing eh!

Simple_serf

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
SWEET!!!

mind posting up what your limits/actual readings were? I'm just curious to see how well the MS worked out for you :grin:
Couldn't tell you limits or stuff, they just plug the truck into the NYS computer. I didn't the the MS swap. it was mentioned awhile back when I was talking about running a ranger on producer gas. Anupaum did the MS and I know he was talking about having his e test soon.

ya know, with all of the amish around here, I think we SHOULD be checking to see if the axles are greased and wether or not the horse is blind.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
You can't be too careful these days; after all, a nod is as good as a wink to a blind horse! ;)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals