• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headlights

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
I don’t want anything that is Halo or 15 LED bulbs from JC Whitney, I hate those things. For those that like them that’s fine. I want the MOST original style, color etc style lights as possible. Any suggestions or just the blah brand from name brand auto store? Quality, install/issues etc you’ve had let me know. If you know something made in USA please let me know. Thanks!

Uncle Gump

Token Old Guy
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986
Make / Model
Ranger/BroncoII
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC/2.9L
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Lead follow or get out of my way
I've been torn converting to 6014 round headlights. But I think I'll just stick with the original first Gen Bronco II lighting.

Hella has several options for conversion lighting. Most seem to get good reviews. They have a DOT version I've been eye balling... but haven't made my mind up just yet.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
I bought a set of glass front conversion bulbs for my 88, they take something like an H7 bulb if I remember right so the factory plug will work on them and increase light output. They are still in the box they came in, in the truck itself because I haven’t got to finishing putting that truck back together yet, so I can’t speak to performance.

RumPunch

Supporting Member
Law Enforcement
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3"
Tire Size
31x10.50R15
@Uncle Gump I like those. I think that's exactly what I was looking for. Original style, litte bit more light and serviceability. Perfect.

JerryC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I bought a set that looks like this a few years back. The exact brand is no longer on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Headlights-Headlamp-Headlight-Wrangler/dp/B07MRB4R3D/ref=sr_1_10?crid=1GDEQ8MB2S6N1&keywords=cherokee+led+headlights&qid=1677441553&sprefix=cherokee+led,aps,121&sr=8-10&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.18630bbb-fcbb-42f8-9767-857e17e03685&th=1

They use half the amperage of the upgraded halogens I had installed and make what seems like four times the light. They also throw a wider beam letting you see to the side easier, if you live in deer country you know how important that is.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Holy crap on a cracker (that sounds disgusting when you think about it, ANYWAY...) I was JUST contemplating this very mod after seeing this gentleman post a pic with round headlights...I REALLY like that look!

I was gonna run the ones very similar to what @JerryC linked until I saw these on Rock Auto; they're Phillips so they're legit and the pricing is decent enough:

I wasn't sure what all is involved in swapping out to round headlights and would much prefer that look if it's done properly like @84EB (whose likely LONG gone from the forum) did.

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Found this in the Bronco Corral tech/library...

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD

MAN he makes this look too easy...I might just have to try this for grits and shiggles!

Peter Griffin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Even easier?! I'll more likely give this the ole college try:

Just gotta find a proper grill or filler panels to finish the look off.

gaz

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
87Ranger Endrigo 2.9l, 87BII Endrigo 4.0l
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Ranger 5" (2" suspension), BII 4" suspension
Total Drop
Ranger 5sp, BII A4LD
Tire Size
Ranger 33"/4:10LS, BII 29"/3:73LS
My credo
Deengineer until it is how Blue Oval should have sold it!!
@RumPunch ,

I see you installed new light housing, I did the same, I never liked the original housings. Your 88 will definitely benefit from the following process.

You can improve the potential of your headlights by building a stand alone relayed power circuit, direct from the battery, controlled with the stock light switch.

By using new larger gauge wire (14g to 10g, whereas stock wires are 18g or 16g at very largest) and fused relays, the light output can be legally, significantly increased (+66% more current flow potential), while reducing the load on the controller switch (reduce the load on the switch from 18.0 amps to to 0.005 amps). This will insure that your switch has maximum life.

To further improve the lighting, better bulbs can be used in your housings. I chose some no frills H4, 55/65w Hella bulbs from Summit Racing on sale for under $2 each. I posted the process with more specific details if you are interested, titled "SEEIN BEIN", I think that's the header.

This was not my idea, it is outlined in the information section of this site, under light improvement or something to that effect.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals