• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Headliner wet

Mirage

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Looking for ideas here. I've noticed that the back of the headliner on my 96 B2300 SE is damp. I've already used RTV to seal the 3rd brake light assembly to the cab. The leak is still there.

Could it be the rear window seal?

How difficult is it to remove the headliner? I've never taken it out before. A simple explanation of the removal process would be helpful. I'd like to be able to pinpoint the problem before I go jumping to conclusions.

Thanks in advance for the help.

RobbieD

2.9l Mafia
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
Toonces drives a Ranger . . . . just not very well.
Noticed just this morning that my '94 SC is leaking a little. Crap!

You hafta pull the interior plastic side trim panels to drop the headliner. I'm going to try shooting RTV silicone down into mine first from the outside. Looks to be leaking on the passenger-side upper corner of the window gasket/seal.

MMazdaman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Transmission
Manual
ya my '98 b2500 is doing the same thing. When it rains it gets pretty soaked. i think the previous owner sealed the cargo light, but i'm not sure. all i know is that the new f150's had problems with that. my bro and friend both had water leak in and the dealer replaced the cargo light and it was fixed. as far as taking off the headliner... i have no idea.

michowski

Reaction score
my back window leaks as well. Im gonna be taking it in to a glass place and have them reseal my window.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals