• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Heater core flush

Fordblue213

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cold weather finally made it this far south. I noticed the Ranger's heat was very lacking. I checked and changed the vacuum lines to the canister in the fender and to the heater hose shut off valve.
Then I checked the blend door actuator and all was well with it. So I ran the truck and got it warmed up and the hose coming from the heater core was cold while the one going to it was hot.

Using this method:

I got this out out of the core into a 5 gallon bucket:

I swapped the heads on my truck last year, and this is what must have been knocked loose along with the normal accumulation to finally cause it plug up almost solid.

bmtrnavsky

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
215 70 r16
I used the Prestone radiator flush kit. Worked awesome. Mine was full of rust and sludge. I may have had the coolant ford put in in 95 in it when I bought my truck ???

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals