• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hello new with ...old form...& now new form

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
hello all
I really appreciate all the input here.
Not really clear as to the resent desolvement of the old form...?? but this is good too. I just realized this line of thread area so...I'd thought i'd give it a try.
I'm new to rangers...not new to trucks...but this is MY 1st truck. growing up on a small farm has always dictated that a pick-up be present....so i've tried to help my dad and brothers keep theirs running...I was the one who changed the oil &filters ...general repair. So that's where I say I'm not new to trucks...the best ones have been fords. Dad had a 77' 250 w/400 auto 4x4 & 87' hd250 diesel 4x4 5speed. prior to the fords he had a 67'GMC 2wheeldrive and my brother with his 1st job out of high school bought a 75' cj5 jeep...i6, 3speed, lockouts...real basic, he loved it. we used it like a tractor at times.
What sold dad about a 4x4 was one time we had 2 wagons full of corn,(about200-220bu each..about 3-5 times the weight of the jeep), my brother said he would pull them to town with his jeep...dad scoffed "you'll never get'm out of the field together, we'll just use the tractor"....my brother said "I bet i can"...game on...he hooked up locked it in, ramed it the lowside and walked those wagons right out of the field drive, (which was fairly steep), on to the road. barely spun a tire....slow and steady. all dad could say "summ-bI!@H...i'm gonna have to get a 4x4truck"....the rest as they say is history, has'nt been a 2 wheel drive pickup on the place since.

my truck, my bro gave to me...it was very sick...& he is not mechnical. his nich is animals. I've been always wanting one and the price was right. got it the engine OH'd and been trying to get it reliable ever since...my wife thinks I'm nuts. 7I thought it would be some thing me & our boy could get into together...he hasn't been as enthusiatic as I was hoping for...but he won't hesitate to ask to drive it once it is running...typical.

so there ya have it a glimps of myself

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
hello all
I really appreciate all the input here.
Not really clear as to the resent desolvement of the old form...?? but this is good too. I just realized this line of thread area so...I'd thought i'd give it a try.
I'm new to rangers...not new to trucks...but this is MY 1st truck. growing up on a small farm has always dictated that a pick-up be present....so i've tried to help my dad and brothers keep theirs running...I was the one who changed the oil &filters ...general repair. So that's where I say I'm not new to trucks...the best ones have been fords. Dad had a 77' 250 w/400 auto 4x4 & 87' hd250 diesel 4x4 5speed. prior to the fords he had a 67'GMC 2wheeldrive and my brother with his 1st job out of high school bought a 75' cj5 jeep...i6, 3speed, lockouts...real basic, he loved it. we used it like a tractor at times.
What sold dad about a 4x4 was one time we had 2 wagons full of corn,(about200-220bu each..about 3-5 times the weight of the jeep), my brother said he would pull them to town with his jeep...dad scoffed "you'll never get'm out of the field together, we'll just use the tractor"....my brother said "I bet i can"...game on...he hooked up locked it in, ramed it the lowside and walked those wagons right out of the field drive, (which was fairly steep), on to the road. barely spun a tire....slow and steady. all dad could say "summ-bI!@H...i'm gonna have to get a 4x4truck"....the rest as they say is history, has'nt been a 2 wheel drive pickup on the place since.

my truck, my bro gave to me...it was very sick...& he is not mechnical. his nich is animals. I've been always wanting one and the price was right. got it the engine OH'd and been trying to get it reliable ever since...my wife thinks I'm nuts. 7I thought it would be some thing me & our boy could get into together...he hasn't been as enthusiatic as I was hoping for...but he won't hesitate to ask to drive it once it is running...typical.

so there ya have it a glimps of myself
i hear ya,i inherited my money pit from my uncle through my dad and i'm not even halfway yet.they are fun are they not?are you in the (effigy mounds) area of iowa?i went to school in albia,partied in ottumwa and enlisted in ottumwa as well.worked in knoxville at the va for awhile.anyway welcome and i hope you get that2.9 dialed in.

IMenriched

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02'
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9 & 5.4
Transmission
Automatic
i hear ya,i inherited my money pit from my uncle through my dad and i'm not even halfway yet.they are fun are they not?are you in the (effigy mounds) area of iowa?i went to school in albia,partied in ottumwa and enlisted in ottumwa as well.worked in knoxville at the va for awhile.anyway welcome and i hope you get that2.9 dialed in.

My bro's cj5 had it moments....he pulled myself and some neighbor kids on sleds down the road one winter...5 sleds 30mph...yeee HA...then we went down the river later that day on the ice.....why nobody ever got hurt is a mystry ...devine intervention...I guess.

ottumwa is farther south...i think? I grew up north of waterloo, Sumner area...dad retired from JD in waterloo.

Yeah- i hope i get that thing figured out too...not much head way right now.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals