• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Higher lift?

Aeiko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
So I was wanting to lift my flareside about 4” and in my hubris bought a 4” superlift suspension kit. Well, I get home from deployment and get to looking after being oh so excited to see my ranger standing a bit taller and realize that apparently my 99 4x4 already came with a factory 4” lift on it. So my question would be how to find a 6” lift or a working 8” that doesn’t require me swapping axles and what not. I’m guessing this won’t be headache free but I’m hoping some of y’all could help me out?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
The factory didn't install a 4" lift.

The 4x4x sat 2 inches higher than the 2wd from the factory, and used blocks in the rear so that Ford only had to make one set of springs for 2wd vs 4x4. If you have a genuine 4" lift in the rear it was not factory. If you only have the stock blocks you should gain 4 more inches from the kit you ordered.

Aeiko

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
The factory didn't install a 4" lift.

The 4x4x sat 2 inches higher than the 2wd from the factory, and used blocks in the rear so that Ford only had to make one set of springs for 2wd vs 4x4. If you have a genuine 4" lift in the rear it was not factory. If you only have the stock blocks you should gain 4 more inches from the kit you ordered.
Wait really? That’s awesome news! I appreciate the reply and I’ll see if that’s the case. Any idea on how to correct if that isn’t right though?

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Start by measuring the blocks (I'm assuming you saw a block lift already installed). Pictures would be good too. Probably 90% of the people here can ID the factory lift blocks just by sight.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals