• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hockey shootout~

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
So, the Leafs and Senators tied and went into OT but then the shootout. The Leafs scored on the first two shots and the Senators didn't. I was surprised after the second Senator missed the opportunity that the game was over...

I guess that they changed the rules from the last time I was paying attention...which I really don't remember if I ever actually did pay attention...I thought it was best of five shots and then another round of five if that was tied...

I couldn't see how two out of five would win...so maybe someone could explain the new shoot out rules...

Yes, I can Google it...lol...but just thought I'd pick someone's brain who might know...Google is getting weird on me...

EDIT: OK, I thought it was five shooters...but turns out it was only 3 shooters...so two goals would win it...DOH!

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
And tonight, without the aid of an actual TV or cable supplier, I can only watch the score on another website...

Such is the life of the pauper...but sometimes seeing the scores increase every ten minutes or so is almost as exciting as watching the actual game...only real difference is I'm not yelling at nobody in particular who can't hear me anyways...

Imagination...:)

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Such is the life of the pauper...And tonight, without the aid of an actual TV or cable supplier, I can only watch the score on another website...
How 'bout listening to the radio ??

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
How 'bout listening to the radio ??
I don't actually own a radio...other than the one in my truck...I used to listen to the game on the way home from work when I worked evenings...but that has been a long time and I prefer music...

It used to be fun driving home...hoping I could make it back before the game ended...usually didn't unless it went into OT...

I'm happy with just watching Saturday and Wednesdays game...except they don't play too many Wednesday games any more...but I still wear my Leafs hat and I was tempted to throw it on the ice when Kessel scored a hat trick...except they played in Anaheim and I don't think I could have tossed it that far...so I threw it on some ice cubes in the fridge...:)

det107

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted to add that we had a company photo shoot due to 3 yrs w/o accidents. We were required to wear our work shirts with logo. I decided to wear my NY Rangers shirt instead. Good feeling showing team loyalty-

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
they did change it, i remember it used to be 5 shots cause back then the Hurricanes could actually win a shootout. I dont remember the last time they won one. i think it's been in the last couple seasons that they changed it

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals