• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Hot air even on cold setting

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
So, long story short...
I changed the blow motor resistor, because I was only getting the hi setting. Changed and fixed issue there... I was driving the truck taking the wife for dinner and even through its cold out I turned the warm / cold mixer dial to the cold setting and hot air was still blowing out, turned to AC setting and yeah still blowing hot air, turned to MAX AC and started to cool down and felt more like ac. Now I really can't say how long its been like this other then it was ok over last summer no issues that I can recall. What could be the issue and what should I be looking at?
With the mixer dial turned to cold I would expect cold out side air to be coming from the vents but this was hot.

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
No takers on this one?
Any ideas or anything?

Nothing to add other then the hot air coming out is really hot, like open a window even when its 0 degC (32 degF) and the fan is on low, the engine temp seem to stay ok, normally sitting around 90deg (194 degF)
When turning the mix dial nothing feels different, there is a little resistance so its not like its flopping around or feeling like its broken.

Any help?

southcycle

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right the first time when are you going to have time to do it over?
No takers on this one?
Any ideas or anything?

Nothing to add other then the hot air coming out is really hot, like open a window even when its 0 degC (32 degF) and the fan is on low, the engine temp seem to stay ok, normally sitting around 90deg (194 degF)
When turning the mix dial nothing feels different, there is a little resistance so its not like its flopping around or feeling like its broken.

Any help?
Does your truck have a heater valve? If so it sounds like it is stuck. I've only my had my1993 4.0 for a few weeks, I'll look to see if it does and where it is...

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

southcycle

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
If you don't have time to do it right the first time when are you going to have time to do it over?
OK, my truck has no heater valve in the heater hose. Someone on here knows how it is controlled, usually a little door or damper shifts between hot air from the heater core and cold air from the A/C evaporator or a mix. This can be controlled by an electric motor or by a vacuum operator. All that stuff is behind the glovebox on my truck. Hopefully you find a vacuum hose or electrical connection has come adrift. Good Luck. I live in Texas, and some older cars without a heater valve lose the foam that seals the door so you always get some heat, which degrades A/C performance. So I'll put a heater valve in, even without a cable to operate it, just to cut down the hot air in the summer. I don't know how that might affect a Ranger's cooling system, though....

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
so this is on my 2008 Ranger. I did a quick check under the hood by the A/C stuff on the passenger side and didn't see any hoses off or anything unplugged. I will have to drop the glove box and do a check in there.

*Als50*

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
My credo
*MyOtherRideIsYourMom*
Check your vacuum canister and lines going to and from it. Sounds like broken or cracked vacuum line.

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
From talking to a mech.
I was told to try putting the fan on high and more the hot / cool dial I should hear a change in air coming out of the vents, that would be the little electric servo moving the damper door. So I tried and I hear nothing change, thus most be the electric servo. Problem is where would that stupid thing be located and how do I get at it?

captainhero

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hi
Any update on your issue ? i seem to have the same, so any feedback would help !
Thanks

55trucker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
-
Total Drop
mild
Have a close look at the blend door actuator, they are known for failing, it's an electric motor sitting on top of the plenum right over the blend door, you can see the actuator in behind the glove box (swing the box door down), also the blend door is known for failing as well,

the plastic square opening on top of the door does break & the blend actuator that slips down into it no longer turns the door.

Last edited:

ScubaDive

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry.. keep forget to check the forum.
Yeah it was the blend door actuator. the part was about $70cdn took about 1hour to change just because its in a bad spot, really really tight in behind the glove box.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals