• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

hot water hoses to intake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
2002 3.0 There are small hoses coming off separate T's on the heater hoses and going to the back side of the intake, down low close to the block. Anyone know what it is they are going to ? Is it OK to plug one off during summer ? I am assuming they are supply and return to warm something in cold weather. Thanks in advance.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I am not super familiar with the 3.0, but it sounds like a heated PCV setup. While it probably won't hurt anything to plug one in the summer, I am not sure what benefit you hope to gain by this.

Or did you split a hose?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Thanks !

I am not super familiar with the 3.0, but it sounds like a heated PCV setup. While it probably won't hurt anything to plug one in the summer, I am not sure what benefit you hope to gain by this.

Or did you split a hose?
I appreciate ya. Yes, the plastic T on the upper heater hose snapped. I was just wondering what the small supply and return hoses off the T's go to so I would know if I really need to put a new T in and reconnect the small hose. I don't know why a PCV would need to be heated but I will fix it correctly and replace all the hoses before winter. The entire assembly X 2 is $41 plus shipping and tax. I know I can make them both with hose and T's from the local ACE hardware store a lot cheaper and stronger.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
One of the PCV's jobs is to pull water vapor out of the crankcase. That vapor is going from a hot pressurized area to a much cooler area that is under vacuum. That has the potential for causing icing. The heated valve is to prevent that.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Thanks !

I found the exact T's on Advance auto parts website. They are $4.99 each so won't be ordering them but in case this might help others, they are 5/8"x3/8"x5/8". I found the entire assembly for the top hoses but could not find the entire bottom hoses assembly. It has some kind of solenoid type thing on it with a wire that looks like it goes to the blower motor. Bet that is expensive. It is all made together.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
To each his own.
Fyi

Heater hose T's are 89 cents each at rockauto.com so I ordered 2 which came to $4.77 with shipping, which is less than 1 at advance auto before shipping :yahoo:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals