• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

"Humility" is it dead?

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
live everyday like your gonna die tomorrow
First off , I have always enjoyed thought provoking conversation.
Humility? There are many things through life that bring upon humility, the death of a loved one, the size of the universe compared to the earth or an illness that sets us back on our heels. [some on this forum including myself has or had an illness or affliction that makes you very aware of your mortality] . yet others would say "you have brought this on yourself.

My question is , is humility dead? When I was young and impenetrable , I did not know humility.
Do we ALL learn humility or do some never get the concept?:popcorn:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think most do.

Just because they don't show don't think they don't have it. I know a lot of people stonewall during adversity, good or bad it is how they deal with it.

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I googled the opposite of humility this morning, I honestly did not know, and it's very much the way our current generation and the way a lot of the more wealthy in the world seem to act, arrogant if you will. Maybe it has always been this way, perhaps as we age and have more life experiences , humility becomes more clear and we learn to live with less. I have done a little world traveling in my life, and I was always pleasantly surprised in the poorer countries the indigenous people seemed more humble with their lack of comforts than people of wealth.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Good topic...and very interesting how we deal with fame/notoriety/success/wealth/fortune...

I've recently had a life altering event that humbled me to the core...part of me says stay humble...be humble...accept that God has humbled me and telling me that all that fluff means nothing.

Another part of me says rise above and make the best of a situation...excel at what I do regardless of the situation and do not let a minor flesh wound (or two) stop me from achieving my goals...

But what are my goals and did they change with my recent adventure?

Mickey Bitsko

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
I guess that's what maturing and accepting the hand you have been dealt. some, I suppose , just say poor me and the individual with grit says, I will accept this happening and become a better human being, and be more tolerant of the ones that have not seen the light of humility.

I also believe , some people actually go through a spiritual awakening, not necessarily religious, but the awakening of their own mortality, that is very humbling to me.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
My experience was deeply religious...in a drug addled state of mind...I spoke with Jesus and saw some rather horrific scenes of a desperate attempt to spread an evil presence on earth...Jesus asked me to be in His army...it was the most vivid display of the realms that are just out of our reach...seemingly...like there is a membrane that separates life on earth from another plane of existence.

I don't think anyone can be in a hospital bed almost totally helpless, and almost totally naked...and relying on others for very basic needs...can retain any semblance of pride or modesty...you're pretty much there on display and at the mercy of those who care for you...that was probably the most challenging thing...but I "used the force" and let go of my sense of dignity...slid down to the status of helpless child while my body and mind slowly crawled out of the pain/pride and years of routine that we don't realize is taking over...

I'm pretty sure that routine is necessary for our sanity, but it leaves it's mark on us and clings to us when we really need to break free of it and let go...

The feeling of pride when I first walked down the hallway was quickly replaced with gratitude for the people who so easily gave their time and effort to my success...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals