• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I slipped it in... ?awwwwwgh

Mike Tonon

I put 80w90 Lucas conventional in my rear diff. The stuff that was in there was dark and metallic looking. It’s a 2007 limited slip, with 4:10 gears. I took the pan off the first time I changed it at about 40,000 miles and it was even nastier. But that time I put in 75w140 synthetic with the friction modifier and added a tube of friction modifier. So this time, no friction modifier added. I figured since I only pumped it out this time, a lot of the old stuff is still in there and some of it probably soaked into the clutches. Oh, also the fill plug for the rear actually has a magnet on it and it had a little bit of flakes on it. The front fill plug does not have a magnet.

I was going to change the front. I put in synthetic 75w140 the previous time. I was told 80w90 for the front. So now hearing that, I wanted to put the correct stuff in. But lo and behold, the front fluid still looked mint! And I couldn’t get the pump hose down in there to pump the old stuff out. So I just left it.

So I think a ‘one and done’ change in the front, with s quality full synthetic and maybe every 20-30,000 miles on a rear diff with limited slip. Probably longer if it’s an open diff.

Just thought I’d share. Please ask any questions about it...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals