• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

I want a wider stance wheel spacers or wider tires ?

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i want a wider stance on my ranger , the tires i have on right now are 215/75 bfg 15 would it be worth it to get wheel spacers? (doubt it) or just get some 30 9.50 15 bfg

note: the wheels i have on right now look alittle too skinny, but they still work OK ( and arn't worn out very much )

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
definatly the 30x9.5....that'll give you a little more clearance as well...

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
also do wheel spacers effect manual hubs ? and when if i move up to 30s i want to move go move up a gear ( higher ratio ) any one know what options the 7.5 axles came with?

PARKINGLOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Jeep
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
uh...they shouldn't effect the locking hubs...if you get 30's, you won't NEED to re-gear...I ran 31's on my old BII on 3.45's...it wasn't the best, but I didn't care...if you look around, you may find a 7.5 with 4.10's...3.73's are more common...

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
alright , thanks for all your help, i was hoping i wouldnt have to regear, although i should probly get new shocks also :icon_bounceblue: the ones on now are old monroe blown out junk, once again thanks

ChrisR1S

10/2013 STOTM Winner
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Mild 5.0
Transmission
Manual
hey, adding widder rims will also widden your stance...Im guessing your using stock rims, so just going up to an 8in rim will widden your stance a bit. Especially when used with wider tires

motocross

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have 2" wheel spacers pretty cool lots of people will diss them but what ever pretty cheap and looks cool might help abit incase of a roll over

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
Get wheels with less back space, they'll stick out farther. Also its not a higher ratio you want, its a lower ratio (numerically higher).

FastJake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
IMO instead of getting wheel spacers or wider rims, I would get wider tires. 215's are pretty narrow. A 245 or 255/70/15 would look a lot better. They're only a little taller than the ones you have now so you wouldn't have to re-gear. I'm just not sure if a tire that wide will fit on a stock '88 Ranger.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
i wouldent recommend spacers in the front of your truck because the fords already have the hubs acting as spacers between the rotor and wheel.two spacers would be really bad news.you can get black steel wheels pretty cheap and i think the wheel spacers would cost you at least half of what the wheels are.one word of caution,with the wider wheels(or more offset) the front tires will swing further forward and back than stock and might rub in the fenderwell while turned all the way.on the other hand your truck will handle better with the wide stance especially when lifted.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
i wouldent recommend spacers in the front of your truck because the fords already have the hubs acting as spacers between the rotor and wheel.two spacers would be really bad news.you can get black steel wheels pretty cheap and i think the wheel spacers would cost you at least half of what the wheels are.one word of caution,with the wider wheels(or more offset) the front tires will swing further forward and back than stock and might rub in the fenderwell while turned all the way.on the other hand your truck will handle better with the wide stance especially when lifted.

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ive got some eagle alloy wheels 15x8 wrapped in a 31/10.5 15 tire.. the back spacing is 3.25 an the offset is -30mm can you say WIDE stance.. iam constantly getting asked how i got it sooo wide... now the rear... the rear is acutally 3/4 narrower on each side cuz i swapped in a different axle out of a 92 ... i would go with some aftermarket wheels in a 15x8

High Desert Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
i have 2" wheel spacers pretty cool lots of people will diss them but what ever pretty cheap and looks cool might help abit incase of a roll over
Are the Billet aluminum or cast, if they are cast let me know where you are so I can avoid you, cast spacers aren't as strong as billet and I have seen many cast spacers fail.

philzilla

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Almost 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
ive got some eagle alloy wheels 15x8 wrapped in a 31/10.5 15 tire.. the back spacing is 3.25 an the offset is -30mm can you say WIDE stance.. iam constantly getting asked how i got it sooo wide... now the rear... the rear is acutally 3/4 narrower on each side cuz i swapped in a different axle out of a 92 ... i would go with some aftermarket wheels in a 15x8
hows the rub?

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
actually they dont rub at all.. VERY close but no rubbing yet.. ive got 2 inch spaces up front an explorer leafs out back.. so that might have saved me haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals