• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Idle Air Control Valve

NPdarkside21

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/R15
My credo
Work Smarter not Harder
I am currently having an issue with my RPMs staying high after throttle and upon startup. At startup, it hits over 2k rpm and then trickles down very slowly and sometimes the rpms stay high after accelerating and coming to a stop. I tested to see if it was a possible vacuum leak by unplugging the IACV and it drops to around 500k rpm but as soon as I plug it back in it rises. It does eventually drop to the desired 500rpm range when it is warmed up but intermittantly does not. I cannot figure it out. Throttle body is clean, new IACV, new throttle position sensor, no vacuum leaks, and it's a 1999 XLT with >1000k on this new 3.0L motor.

franklin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Transmission
Manual
You always have the old capacitor trick. The capacitors go bad and leak inside the ECM. I think someone fixed their idle problems before by replacing these. You can open the computer up and take a look.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals