• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Im lookin at a BII, what should I look for?

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
Go easy on this one... act like you had to pay for it, then you will not be so inclined to tear it to hell.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Go easy on this one... act like you had to pay for it, then you will not be so inclined to tear it to hell.

yeah if i brake this one i dunno what im gonna do, maybe cut my rist, NOT i wouldnt think of that, but Im gonna take the body lift from the ranger to put on the bronco, and if the tires are half decent on the bronco, then the first thing im gonna buy is a winch, but if theyre bald, Ill probably get some tires first, but I dunno, cause me and dad is going to a tire shop at 8 am tomorrow and dads gonna bring in 5 of his tires from his 18 wheeler, and they throw out all there old tires so im gonna see if they got some 31's or 33's in there, if so then deffinetly a winch, but Im not gonna tell dad that i want the tires for the bronco, cause he dont know about the bronco, and if all goes well, he wont know untill he comes home from alberta in 3 weeks time and see's me gally-pantin' around the garden in a bronco.. I just cant wait to SNOW wheel, I used to be out wheelin the maxda every day of the winter when she worked! (except for days when she was buried higher than the roof and i had no idea where she was parked, literally, once i had to dig about 20 holes in the snow to try and find my truck, and the snow was up to the mirrors on dads big rig, now that was fun)

Danger06Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006/1986/2001
Make / Model
Ford/Mercury
Engine Size
4.0L/351M/2.5L
Transmission
Automatic

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
guys
The Dude Just Emailed Me
The Bronco Is Mine For Free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hell Yeahhhhhhhhhhh Happiest Day Of My Lifeeee
I don't hate you. I got my Bronco II for -$191. Yup, the owner PAID to give it to me (DMV fines for lapsed registration).

But beware, there is probably a reason it's free (and a reason it was parked). Don't be too surprised if the engine is D E A D from several years of soaking in cracked-head. These days, almost for the cost of GASOLINE alone. It cost about US$1 per 5 miles just to drive it.

Alberta is a very long way to ship a dead truck. That must be over 3000 miles. I'm closer than that (more like 1500-2000, depending on how far north), and there is NO way I'd ship something from Alberta even if it were free. For the cost of shipping, you could buy one locally that works.

Last edited:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Alberta is a very long way to ship a dead truck. That must be over 3000 miles. I'm closer than that (more like 1500-2000, depending on how far north), and there is NO way I'd ship something from Alberta even if it were free. For the cost of shipping, you could buy one locally that works.
I think the owner lives in Alberta, but owns property near Boggin where the truck is.

Mechanickid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
good luck finding good 31's or 33's in a tire pile. been there done that lol

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can't go wrong with a deal like that, if nothing else it is worth $200/ton at the local scrapper.

FWI, it is either a 2.8 or 2.9, thankfully they didn't mess with the four cylinder in BII's.

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
FWI, it is either a 2.8 or 2.9, thankfully they didn't mess with the four cylinder in BII's.
i've heard some rumors of them and the 89 b2 i used to have had a 2.3l emissions sticker that haden't been disturbed(factory not bodyshop)? i am glad it had a 2.9l though:stirthepot:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I don't hate you. I got my Bronco II for -$191. Yup, the owner PAID to give it to me (DMV fines for lapsed registration).

But beware, there is probably a reason it's free (and a reason it was parked). Don't be too surprised if the engine is D E A D from several years of soaking in cracked-head. These days, almost for the cost of GASOLINE alone. It cost about US$1 per 5 miles just to drive it.

haha yeah koda is right, the owner is from here but he went to alberta to work, like my dad, but he left everything home, (well except his underware!),
and no there isnt a reason its free, hes just a really good guy, hes only 19-20, and hes always used to be up to my house with my brother, and I even went offroading with him a couple times, ill get a pic of his truck for ya too, and he would give you the shirt off his back if you asked, and it hasnt been sitting for long, i just emailed him and asked him whats wrong with it, and more than likely nothing cause he always started it and since hes gone his mom used to start it for him, so yeah

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual

yea but its way up in his garden and I cant get a ride down there unless I walk and I cant cause I got bad knee, but I may bike down someday, or just drive my dirtbike down the road, but I got my camera lost now anyways :(, So Ill just use my moms if I dont have my camera by the time i get the truck

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
update
he said the only thing wrong is the front U-Joints on the drivers side

danger88ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Come on Boggin', your killin us not showing any pics.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
haha man im sorry, but dad is going away thursday so I will probably gettin it close to then, so I will get pics as soon as i can (and as soon as i find my camera :D)
:sorry:!

WhiteBroncoII2WD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i've heard some rumors of them and the 89 b2 i used to have had a 2.3l emissions sticker that haden't been disturbed(factory not bodyshop)? i am glad it had a 2.9l though:stirthepot:
I never knew you had a B2 Rick. a 2.3 Liter, that would be really interesting...the best thing to have done would have beent to call Ford with the VIN and ask for a build sheet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals