• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Junkyard finds

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
Did you tell him about all the dildos you find in the junkyard?
I always assumed that problem was not localized only to my region of the country... Any good junkyard across the country should be swarming with bees and have trunks full of dildos. :dunno:

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Never ran up on a dildo, plenty of really short straws in center consoles though, sometimes a baggie with residue, lots of McDonald's toys.

GT350HR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Nothing but Fords
I am pretty fortunate here in So California. Lots of cars and lots of junk yards. Some big things you have to buy when the monthly sale is on like the 8.8 4.10 traction lock "drum to drum" $110 , and the '04 Mustang rear disc conversion parts $50 were bought on those days but things like Bilstien shocks $5 ea , "Ford" bedliner $20 , inside door panels ( with pockets) $5 , AM/FM/CD radio $15 , XLT side mirrors $8 ea. are all dirt cheap. Trouble is no one wants the parts I am replacing even for FREE. I hate to throw it away when it's good , just not what "I" want on my personalized daily driver.
Randy

racsan

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford/escape
Engine Type
2.5 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.5/151 I-4
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/70/16
My credo
the grey-t escape
damn, a 8.8 4.10 trac-lock for 110? I paid 200 for a 7.5 4.10 open and it had 98,000 miles on it.

turbo91xlt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year

Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
damn, a 8.8 4.10 trac-lock for 110? I paid 200 for a 7.5 4.10 open and it had 98,000 miles on it.
Couldnt give either one of my 4.10 open 7.5 rears away and one of them even had factory 10" drums on it lol. That axle is currently under my FX4 lvl II parts truck to keep it a roller but will probably end up in the scrapyard with the shell lmao.

SoullessNate

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 , 1995 ,
Make / Model
Mazda , Ford ,
Engine Size
3L , 4L , 360
Nearly nothing for junkyard "goodies" here in north western ontario canada

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Some of the best finds I've had at the wrecking yard were actually tools people had left behind. Today it was a Snap-On U.S.A. 10 or 12" Screwdriver
The first thing I found at this one was a nearly new looking 10 or 12 ft chain w/ hooks on both ends.
Some reason I figured it was a "yard" chain and gave it to the counter when checking out. That probly went home with someone at the counter.

2 or 3 weeks ago while looking over a vehicle something hit the ground not 5 ft away, I thought someone had throwed something at me, stepped up onto the floor of the vehicle I was at and looked all around, no one was anywhere around. It was a cold windy and rainy day, I don't guess anyone else was even there. Went over there and picked it up, was a long handle 1/2" Williams Ratchet, just fell off the top of a tire into the gravel.

Just before that was a 10 or 12" Craftsman adjustable wrench left sitting on a radiator, soaking wet on a rainy day, no one around that day either

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals