• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just a Reminder

G8orFord

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC S/C
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
Just the right size to touch the ground.
You've got to learn how to drive a turbo to appreciate one. Flat footing one from idle isn't going to give you that "V8" feel. Even if it's a V8.

Now, what I'd really liked to see is Ford throwing a twin turbo setup on the 5.0. They could call it an Adrenaline-Boost. Yeah, I know, they've got super charged 5.0's and kits for the aftermarket, but a factory turbo V8 would be awesome. Kinda like my 6.7 diesel.

Back on topic: I'm liking it here pretty well now. Wasn't too sure to start with, but I'm learning the traits of the regulars and falling in line. LOL The only other forum I regularly visit is PowerStroke.org. I've been on there for quite a while and feel as strongly about the friendly atmosphere there as some of you have mentioned here.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
You've got to learn how to drive a turbo to appreciate one. Flat footing one from idle isn't going to give you that "V8" feel. Even if it's a V8.

Now, what I'd really liked to see is Ford throwing a twin turbo setup on the 5.0. They could call it an Adrenaline-Boost. Yeah, I know, they've got super charged 5.0's and kits for the aftermarket, but a factory turbo V8 would be awesome. Kinda like my 6.7 diesel.

Back on topic: I'm liking it here pretty well now. Wasn't too sure to start with, but I'm learning the traits of the regulars and falling in line. LOL The only other forum I regularly visit is PowerStroke.org. I've been on there for quite a while and feel as strongly about the friendly atmosphere there as some of you have mentioned here.
So true. Driving the new Ranger was like driving my diesel powered Super Duty. I could give it partial throttle off the line, and you could feel the turbo building power as you started taking off. You have to ease in to it. Trying to floor it off the line will get you nowhere.

Saddle Tramp

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've been to many pick up forums and can say with absolute certainty this one is the best.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
Give 'yer balls a tug. Fight me.
Was mad depressed.

Got drunk.

Wanted options for fixing cab floor. Was desperate to save truck. Fell in love with it when it tried to kill me.

Stumbled upon TRS.

Too drunk to find door out.

Now there is TRS, and then there is the rest of the Internet.

I broke down. That truck fixed me.

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
With the rise of social media such as Instagram and Facebook, the forum format, build threads and the like are dying slowly. Thankfully ours is still going strong. Other forums I'm on haven't been so lucky

Josh B

Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
With the rise of social media such as Instagram and Facebook, the forum format, build threads and the like are dying slowly. Thankfully ours is still going strong. Other forums I'm on haven't been so lucky
That's true BII, the internet largely began with "message boards", forerunner to the forums I suppose.
I've seen people post even from the late 90's of boards that wouldn't even respond to someone who had been there less than 6 months.

Me, I really saw now use in it all until I saw something that said "meet people". Otherwise it was just news and such, which I'd mostly seen on TV.
I started out on the Yahoo "chat" forum :D

I myself expect the forums(especially the good ones which serve a definite purpose) still have a few good years left

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
When I got my first computer back in the early 90s the very first thing I ever found on the internet was a message board where all people did was post dirty jokes. I knew from that day, the internet was going to be the downfall of humanity. 25 or so years later and it hasn't disappointed...

rusty ol ranger

Im a Jeep guy now.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
177 CID
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
A legend to the old man, a hero to the child...
So true. Driving the new Ranger was like driving my diesel powered Super Duty. I could give it partial throttle off the line, and you could feel the turbo building power as you started taking off. You have to ease in to it. Trying to floor it off the line will get you nowhere.
Like i said...the 5.0 just felt more familiar to me with its power and felt more "trucky" to me then the EB.

The only gas 6 cylinder that belongs in a fullsize is the 300.

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I think the question now is, where do we go from here? How do we stay relevant?

We need something new. Something to not only draw people to TRS, but get more people interested in Ford Rangers, and connect them as a community.

I still think we need to be doing something on youtube, and I'd like to see us do some things as a group.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I think the question now is, where do we go from here? How do we stay relevant?

We need something new. Something to not only draw people to TRS, but get more people interested in Ford Rangers, and connect them as a community.

I still think we need to be doing something on youtube, and I'd like to see us do some things as a group.
I think more local meets/ trail rides might be a good start. It should be easier to get 5-10 people to travel within a few hours of their homes. Then have the one big annual trail ride.
We could definitely use some TRS YouTube videos... How tos, trail rides, etc.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
What made TRS great to begin with?
I think it is the members contribution to the tech section. The tech section is the draw, the community of members is what keeps people around. I suggest that the same principle can be used with video. With a smartphone and a gimbal pretty much anyone can shoot some decent vid. Get enough members to contribute and you would have a library of vids to help people troubleshoot their trucks. Throw in a truck of the month or quarter or.... Maybe some footage of members trucks doing what they were built for. Someone mentioned they have the knowledge and capability to edit the vids....

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
What brought me in Ranger850 covered, which is the support.

If you post in a Jeep forum, you just get called an idiot and nobody answers your questions.

If you post here, you get three straight answers, a 2.9 joke, a poop joke, three or for old timers talking about carburetion, and at least one good laugh.

Keep up this level work, and Chrysler will go bankrupt again.

F*ck.

List.

Either way, biggest things I can think of is starting sub forums for the new Bronco, and tying in the newf*cks with the first era guys.

Another thing is having some of us drop off TRS stickers at Ford dealers and seeing if they would be willing to give one to new RBV owners.

PetroleumJunkie412

Official TRS EV Taunter
Supporting Member
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.9l Trinity
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
All I'm saying, man, is:

Hold my hand.

Hold it.

Also. The drummer might be my dad. Idk. Kilt, outhouse, motley Crüe, Canada. That's all I know. Ya'll can connect the dots.

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I had to cut my last comment short, I was working. Here’s some more ideas.

Pinterest account of rangers... If we had a dedicated place on the forum to submit pics of our trucks, Rangers we find in the wild, or just random scenery while out and about in our trucks, from there they can be uploaded onto a TRS Pinterest account.
I know nothing about Pinterest, just throwing a idea out there. I don’t really know or care about instagram or Twitter, but they’re popular right now. I’m sure there’s something between those that can help bring TRS to the younger generation.

Dirtman

Former Middleweight Moss Fighting Champion
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
It's up there.
Total Drop
It's down there.
Tire Size
Round.
My credo
I poop in the furnace.
I cant figure out what the hell pinterest is... sometimes when I look stuff up I get redirected there and it's just random pictures of nonsense?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals