• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just not my weekend...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
So I drove up with my friend to college as a support truck to fix his if it broke down this weekend. We drive up to anchorage and get there at like midnight cause he packed last minute (meaning about 2 hours before we left.) And we are staying at this friends house of his in eagle river or something and we get there and his friend parks us. In the morning I go outside and there is a ticket on my window (parking citation for having a tire on the grass). I read it and guess what it says! Blah, Blah, Blah, Blue, TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!! WTF? it says ford on it! I stuck it on my friends truck so he would see it. Later that day after i got done with my doctors appointment we met up and he told me about what happened. He got up to go to town for his last minute shopping and stuff to find the ticket. He looked at it and was like I don't see a blue toyota? and his friend was like "Oh i musta been your friends truck cause the patrol people are really snooty here" my friend said i bet you he was more pissed off about his truck being called a toyota then the ticket! And how right he was, I was worked up about toyota not the ticket. Yelled "ITS A FORD" to the ticket guy when I saw him. jokingly of coarse he chuckled.

The bad part of my weekend though was my xbox red ringed while my brother played it, and I just wanted to play my new game Dead Rising after the long ride home... :bawling:

I don't have a warrenty, my bro may be able to fix it... if not i gotta get a new one. :annoyed:

Figured maybe you guys would get a little kick out of it? :p

Taragon

Ford Technician
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 and D60's F&R
Transmission
Manual
What does "red ringed" mean?

Frank The Tank

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Rangers get no respect..........

I don't have television, or a game console, glad I just saved myself a whole lot of heartache!!! just me the old lap-top, and the little woman to keep me busy.

Frank

Chance

RIP - 10/7/2010
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't mind a parking citation if it wasn't the right make and model... I wouldn't pay it :D

Oh and x-clamp kit. $15 no more red ring. I got a few buddies who flip x-boxes on craigslist using that kit.

Red Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The bad part of my weekend though was my xbox red ringed while my brother played it, and I just wanted to play my new game Dead Rising after the long ride home... :bawling:

I don't have a warrenty, my bro may be able to fix it... if not i gotta get a new one. :annoyed:
My sons did the same thing. I'm not sure how he found out, but he printed out a shipping label from Xbox, sent it in and had it fixed for free. I guess his is almost a year old.

I also saw a video on youtube on how to fix it. Not sure if I would trust their method though. Sure seemed like they were sweating the curse out of it.

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I got 2 and a half years of using it pretty extremely... like all night every weekend pretty much so I definately got good use out of it. My brothers good with electronic things so he is gonna try and fix it, if not I'm jjust gonna get the core system and add my hardrive to it.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm lucky to get a year out my Xbox. I'm on my third. :annoyed:
I'm on the same PS3 since Christmas 07. Time to upgrade bud!

Yeah I got 2 and a half years of using it pretty extremely... like all night every weekend pretty much so I definately got good use out of it. My brothers good with electronic things so he is gonna try and fix it, if not I'm jjust gonna get the core system and add my hardrive to it.
PS3>Xbox

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I'm on the same PS3 since Christmas 07. Time to upgrade bud!

PS3>Xbox
i agree ive had my ps3 since christmas 07 to and have nothing but good to say about it

irishblessing

does anybody have both PS3 and xbox 360 im wondering which one is better
can the PS3 play PS2 games?

sorry to jack your thread

Dusty_Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
ive had 3 xbox 360's red ring 4th times the charm, i just tore microsoft a new on till they sent me a new console or repair the old one on the forth(current)i cot this external fan kit.... works wonders

sbsumerix

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
ive had 3 xbox 360's red ring 4th times the charm, i just tore microsoft a new on till they sent me a new console or repair the old one on the forth(current)i cot this external fan kit.... works wonders
if its the nyko extrenal fan i say get rid of that. i had one on mine and still got the red ring and when i went to remove it the fan was melted onto the xbox and ripped parts of the power plug in out with it. im on my second xbox and i've owned it for 2 years with no problems and it runs all day everyday because if im not playing it my roommates are. anyways to the orignial poster call xbox and make sure they will still take it i heard that they are giving everyone like 3 years for the red ring even though your warranty is expired my first one lasted a couple months after my warranty and they took it. and sent me a new one. and one thing you can do to get by until they send you a box to ship it is put a bunch of towels on top of the xbox and run it a few hours and after it over heats turn it off and turn it back on and it will work then just leave it on all day everyday to keep it going. thats what my buddy did while he had to wait

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I used the Nyko Intercooler as well and I think it sucks. I used it on my first two machines and they both died. I haven't used it on my third one and this console hasn't given me any problems. The 360 is just poorly designed, there's no sugar coating that.
I do use a USB powered laptop cooler under it. I doubt it does much of anything though.

feellnfroggy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
We had about 9 xbox's at het base in Iraq I was at, constantly breaking. The conclusion we came to wasnt the cooling aspect of it, least not fanwise, but keeping hte dust out of it. Its no different than a desktop computer its sux in the dust and thats the primary cause of overheating for some. Keep a can of air nearby and spray often, it helps a little, though it is microsoft and some of your machines will just be hopeless.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals