• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just not my weekend...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
What does "red ringed" mean?
That's what happens to your character when they get bum humped during the game while they're tied up...:icon_rofl:

Actually, I think it's a terminal illness for a monitor...:icon_rofl:

I guess nobody else wants to tell you the REAL answer...and I don't know...try google...or maybe someone will get fed up with my answers and give you one...:)

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
The "red ring", aka Red Ring Of Death, aka RROD is when the normally green circular lights on the front of the Xbox turn red when it malfunctions or overheats. This more often than not signals the beginning of the end for the console.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
The "red ring", aka Red Ring Of Death, aka RROD is when the normally green circular lights on the front of the Xbox turn red when it malfunctions or overheats. This more often than not signals the beginning of the end for the console.
Ahhhh, thanks...I really wanted to know too and was just about to google it myself...and apparently there is a fix that may or may not work...

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I know I need to call them... I'll do it tomorrow. I really wanna play dead rising again. And I think a major part of it failing badly is cause my bro set it like right next to the cabinet wall and piled stuff on the other side... then left it on all night Really overheated it bad!

Yeah the red ring is bad 3 lights means something internal fried... 4 means a cables unpluged... and 2 is overheating...

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I can leave my PS3 on all night and it has no problems...

Jay FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I can leave my PS3 on all night and it has no problems...
Same here. I fall asleep watching Blu-Rays all the time and just shut it off when I wake up in the morning. I don't worry about the PS3 at all.
On the other hand, I don't watch any of my few HD-DVD's on the 360 if there's any chance whatsoever that I might fall asleep and leave it on all night. Every second the 360 is powered on is one less second it has to live, and that's pretty pathetic. I still like it more than the PS3, though.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
im not gonna say nothin bout my "game system" that everyone tends to complain about because then it'll stop working while im at school and that would suck

ps: left 4 dead is better

left 4 dead 2 video/(WARNING!!!!: cotains blood and gore)

Last edited:

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Mark! You betrayed me! :icon_confused::bawling:
Hmmmm...sorry...I was trying to bump your rep up...and now it tells me that I have to spread reputation around before going back to you...???

My first time trying and I messed it up???

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
im not gonna say nothin bout my "game system" that everyone tends to complain about because then it'll stop working while im at school and that would suck

ps: left 4 dead is better

left 4 dead 2 video/(WARNING!!!!: cotains blood and gore)
Yeah I leave my Xbox on all night and its fine in the morning not even hot or anything its just gotta be in a good vented area. (and I probably needed to clean it out again, volcanic ash blew out of it when I used the canned air even though I cleaned it 3 times after the volcano blew)

I keep hearing that but I got Dead rising brand new for 10 bucks sooo... I just love beating mindless people with breadsticks!:D

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
So after some research, turns out since the XBOX-360 is made in China where Lead Solder is illegal to use, that an alternative cheap solder was used and doesn't make very good connections, and in a console that already is compact and not very well cooled the solder gets hot and over time the connection breaks. So the repair that Microsoft does you can do yourself simply by tearing the console apart, taking out the motherboard, buying a cheap heat gun (your GF's hairdryer will not get hot enough for this FYI) and evenly heating up the board on both sides. Be sure you take the heat sinks and everything else like that off the board first or it won't work properly. This method works, I have done it on several consoles lately. 2 of which were trashed because of the RROD, so I pulled them out did this repair and both of them work and were given to a couple of less fortunate kids along with a few games I had acquired over the past few months for testing the consoles once they were repaired. Those kids were very happy, and so far its been about 2 months since the repairs and they're still working just fine. FYI, you don't have to buy any replacement heat-sink compound just reuse what's already on the processors and the heat-sinks when you put it all back together.

Save yourself the hassle of dealing with Microshit and just do the repair yourself.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals