• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just purchased 2008 FX4 and have some issues

remreid12

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger FX4
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
So I just bought my first ranger, a 2008 FX4 (4.0 auto supercab 4x4) with 175k miles. It runs well and the frame/body are in great shape for being from the midwest. It has a few things I need to fix, and I was wondering if any of you have gone through some of these repairs and might have some warnings or suggestions. I'm hoping to keep this truck for a while so I'd like to repair everything properly.

-differential leaks from pinion seal and rear cover (cover is quite rusty and needs replacement)
-transmission pan seal leak & shift shaft seal leak
-exhaust leak at manifold outlet flange
-check engine light (P2270) - "Oxygen sensor signal stuck lean bank 1 sensor 2"
-from a quick google search it appears that this could be from that exhaust leak
-front lower control arm bushing warn out on the spindle side
-rear main seal leak

I'm also thinking about trying to undercoat the inside of the fenders, bottom of the doors, rockers, and frame before winter. I'd really hate to see the salt ruin this truck, as it will be my daily driver.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I apologize for any apparent ignorance of mine if there are threads about these issues already. I'm still finding my way around the forum.

Attachments

pjtoledo

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Fords
Engine Size
3.0 2.3
pull the bedliner to inspect the bed. the liners are notorious for capturing moisture under the front areas.
getting the truck sprayed now will keep what little rust there is from spreading. I use Fliud Film, it stays soft and creeps into seams
which is important.
the rest of your issues are routine maintenance in nature, easily fixed with some money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals