• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just totalled my pride and joy.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I had just finished my 4wd swap (K member and all), 5spd swap, and engine swap (huge project all done at once). took me literally months of work (not to mention the many months of work that went into my 302 swap on this truck previously). i even went as far as getting a donor truck for it. the truck has literally only been insured and road worthy since 5/20, EIGHT DAYS, and it's totalled.

about two hours ago i was coming home from a friends place (i was only about a half mile from home) when some random piece of shit ricer passes me on the wrong side of the road and SLAMS on his brakes in front of me. i try to slow down as best i can and immediately the 33" mud kings break loose (truck was unloaded too), and my rear's all over the place (at about 50mph). i slide all over the road (must have been at least 150 feet, it seemed like forever while it was happening), somehow barely avoid hitting the idiot, mack a mailbox, and finally wrap it around a tree at about 35. i walked away fine, but my truck is done.

wanna know the best part? the person in the other car fled the scene, and my truck is only insured for liability; no collision, so i dont get a cent.

i had literally just spent a few thousand dollars in BRAND NEW parts on this truck. EVERYTHING is new, EVERYTHING. the truck was flat-out immaculate, too. not a speck of rust, gloss black paint only a few months old, not a single dent, all body lines dead on, etc. its a real shame.

however, i'm a strong believer in that all things happen for a reason, so i can only hope for the best from here on out :/

rockin86ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.0L,2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
Man that sucks, time to track down a ricer and run it over with your wrecked truck

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
Ohh no man! thats terrible.
well good thing, is : ur still with us
ur still breathing, so u can build or rebuild that truck

and i hope that the asshole ricer who did this will have what he deserves.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
but you're still alive. count your blessings bro. it could be worse.

i'd be finding that ricer.. somehow lol

this is why i run uninsured motors and few other things on my insurance.

that totally sucks man... i think uninsured will cover hit and runs, it did for my dad. but if you dont get any money you get to keep it right? is nothing salvageable?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
This story just tears me up. I feel for you and I'm truly grateful you walked away.

BlueChariot

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'94
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hunt the ricer like Mad Max hunted down the bikers. Then melt through his engine with Thermite.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'65-'99
Make / Model
GM, Ford, Mazda
Engine Size
1.6-454.
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear about the truck, but a 150' of skid marks? I thinks dat ya may have bin doin a tad more than 50 if the tree came at you @ 35, after skidding a 150'.

Last edited:

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i honestly can't put the time and money into fixing it. i cant do this much work, AGAIN.

there's probably some salvageable parts but the entire front end is gone, and im almost positive the frame is majorly tweaked. my core support got pushed in so far it bent the ac pump bracket back...

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
if some stanceworks jackass can rebuild a car that was burned to the ****ing ground in a garage fire, you can have somebody with a frame machine pull that thing straight, you owe it to yourself, you owe it to the truck.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear about the truck, but a 150' of skid marks? I thinks dat ya may have bin doin a tad more than 50 if the tree came at you @ 35, after skidding a 150'.
idk man, it seemed REALLY far. once it broke loose, there was no coming back. those tires slide like they're on ice. theres barely any skid marks.

although, when shit like this happens it almost always seems "slow motion" before it happens, so maybe it was more like 75', i have no idea.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if some stanceworks jackass can rebuild a car that was burned to the ****ing ground in a garage fire, you can have somebody with a frame machine pull that thing straight, you owe it to yourself, you owe it to the truck.
if i can find a suitable place to store the truck. i will restore it. but it will not happen for a very long time.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ohh no man! thats terrible.
well good thing, is : ur still with us
ur still breathing, so u can build or rebuild that truck

and i hope that the asshole ricer who did this will have what he deserves.
but you're still alive. count your blessings bro. it could be worse.

i'd be finding that ricer.. somehow lol

this is why i run uninsured motors and few other things on my insurance.

that totally sucks man... i think uninsured will cover hit and runs, it did for my dad. but if you dont get any money you get to keep it right? is nothing salvageable?
This story just tears me up. I feel for you and I'm truly grateful you walked away.
i really appreciate it guys. and you're absoloutely right. ill get over it. life goes on :icon_thumby:

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
what kind of tires did you have??? i'm not buying those...
next thing, you can straighten a frame w/ a 4x4 and a tree. chain it to the tree, chain it to the 4x4 and yank.. my dad did it on a LTD one time lol

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
mud kings.. not getting those..

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
dont. worst pavement tire ive ever used. even my 2.9 with 3:45 gears could spin them effortlessly. i'll bet if i still had my 31" bfg mt's i wouldnt be in this situation right now...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals