• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Kuhmo KM71 Road Ventures

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Figured it was about time to post my impressions on the Kuhmo KM71 Road Venture MT.
I bought these thru TireRack.com for about $180 a piece. I bought the 35x12.50R15s. So far I have put about 3000 miles on them and have been thru a variety of terrian from nomal street, to mud, to gravel....and as of this morning snow. All I can say is WOW!:yahoo: These things grip like there is no tomorrow.
Dry traction is amazing, and handling corners are impressive for how big the tire is. Road noise is not at all bad considering that these are a MT. There is a noticable hum, but that is easily overcome once the radio comes on.
Wet/Rain traction is excellent too. No noticable hydroplaning at all.
When driving in the mud, it gives the same feeling like driving on the street. I was able to go anywhere I wanted and did not get stuck once.
This morning was the first experience with these tires in the snow...Unplowed streets with wet snow, and these things dug in. I was a little worried as I have a open diff and was on a incline, with no weight in the bed. Never once did it slip and chugged up the hill with no problems.

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
im glad to hear a good review of these. im looking to run either 265/75r16 or 285/65r16 on my 06 ranger with a leveling kit. if you find some im interesting in hearing how they do on icy roads.

Explorin94

Law Enforcement
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im glad to hear a good review of these. im looking to run either 265/75r16 or 285/65r16 on my 06 ranger with a leveling kit. if you find some im interesting in hearing how they do on icy roads.
I don't think any tire will do good on an icy road unless they are studded.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I had a set 3 years ago and they were decent. Not sold on the directional tread. Sold the tires to a buddy of mine last year, and Just recently he replaced them. The tires had anywhere fron 60 000-65 000 miles on them.

My only issue with them was hydroplaning. I experienced it a couple times.

Ice conditions they were OK. But like said above they are not miracle tires.

CopyKat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i posted up somewheres about someone asking about them, and i am the one that bought villians, one thing i noticed is once they are worn down some you do notice that the front wants to slide out on you. One thing i did was i ran them backwards and the traction was even better for all they did was dig and push me forward while getting to job sites

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I haven't experienced any hydroplaning yet...We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground now, and I took it out into our wooded area with the wife to find a Christmas tree...Not a single problem. The wife was a big naysayer about getting these tires, but after riding out there with me, she was quickly impressed!

Nater

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Ok...just wanna give a little update....Here in Germany, it has been one of the roughest winters in about 110 years they said....For the last month we have been gettting rain, snow, and sleet making for some very intresting driving. My town is one of the last places to get plowed, so it gives me a chance to see what these tires really can do and what they cant. Being that these are MTs, I was not expecting the world from them. They do have the M&S symbol on them indicating that they can be driven in snow (A law now here in Germany punishable up to a 80 euro fine if caught driving without tires with a M&S symbol) Fluffy white stuff, they are downright awsome. no slipping, no traction issues. (In the bed, I only have snow, that has accumulated there, as weight) Even deep snow, I have not had any issues. Again on wet pavement, I have yet to experience any hydroplaning. Now, for the updated part...Now that the roads are becoming slushiers, I have found that if there is water under the deep slush, I will sit there and spin them, but if I get a slow running start, I have no problem....So on a scale of 1-10...10 being the best and 1 being the worst here is my verdict....This is all with no weight other than snow weight in the bed
Road Noise-8
Dry pavement traction-9
Wet pavement traction-9
Snow traction-8
Slush traction-5

Blacked-Out FX4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Road Noise-8
Dry pavement traction-9
Wet pavement traction-9
Snow traction-8
Slush traction-5
looks like im buying these once i have some money saved :icon_thumby:

huggyb1972

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
87'
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3l soon to be Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I have a set on my Fullsize Bronco 315/75r16 and they did pretty good on packed on it's way to icy roads the other day but I also have only about 500mi. on them so far but I wheeled them at The Badlands And they did pretty good. I got mine at Dicount tire the prices went up since I bought them I gave like $160 a piece.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
have had these tires for about 3 months now, on my 2006 ranger 2wd. ive been running 4.56 gears with posi, and they are amazing!

Im running a 32x11.50R15 LT on a 15x8 american racing rim

Here they are the day i picked them up:

Mounted and static balanced:

They give the truck a fantastic look:

Old:

New:

now ive been driving on them for a bit now, about 5000 kms, and heres what they look like:

awesome tire, only thing ill do next time, is go bigger!

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals