My buddy's 1990 had a FM146. It also had the "new" style shifter (straight) rather than the "old" bent style. At first glance it looks exactly like a M5OD shifter.Not all 90's had the m5od mine has the fm146. Also the 2wd 90's did come without a dummy case, my other 90 was this way.
The C5 is not rare. I have one sitting in my shed and I have seen many others. They were common in Rangers, although the A4LD was much more common.This doesnt qualify exactly but i have a C5 tranny in my b2 the rarest stock transmission for a B2. Ford only made B2s with the C5 for a few months from what i understand
This might sound weird but people say rear buckets are rare but ive never seen a b2 with a rear bench lol. Also on a related note; who loves the bolstering on the rear buckets and the front buckets as much as i do? loli dont know if this is custom but here is a b2 with rear bucket seats
My 85 EB has no rack, as well as no center console?????I saw one at the wrecker a week ago, I have seen two of them so far.
I have also seen one with no windows...It may have been custom, but it looked so clean and well done I thought it was factory. I dont know who would do all that work, I mean, the body work was incredible.
I have also seen some without a roof rack at all, dunno if this is rare or not.
Rear bucket seats.This is a rumor list.
1. Pop out Side windows-There is doccumentation that says there were. Owners manual discusses how to remove and store them.
2. Rear bucket seats-There are reports that they are out there. No pictures to back it.
3. 4.0L B2 in late 1990-No proof that they exist. If Ford made Prototypes then they would never have been sold, and likey to have been dismantled. 1991 was the intro of the Explorer. Someone that started the rumor likley saw an Explorer Sport 2 door and thought it was a new B2.
4. 8.8 rear axle.- Rumor and no proof of existance.
5. D35 front axle-*Confirmed*. Nearly all 1990 models will have a D35 axle. 3.73 ratio is a guarantee.
6. M5OD 5 speed trans.-*Confirmed* Most if not all 1990 models will have this as a manual trans. 1989 saw the last of the FM146's.
7. Real 2wd trans without dummy case in 2wd models-Yes and no. later model ones are rumored to have a ranger 2wd trans. AllanD would be able to confirm this.
All I can think of at the moment.
I have seen THREE Bronco2's with the rear bucket seat option.Rear bucket seats.
Uhhh... actually until mid 1985 in 4x4's there was only the C5.This doesnt qualify exactly but i have a C5 tranny in my b2 the rarest stock transmission for a B2. Ford only made B2s with the C5 for a few months from what i understand