• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for an exhaust manifold for a 1998 Mazda B2500 2.5L

radtap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I've found a few manifolds online from different companies and the one that's caught my eye is this one.
https://pacesetterexhaust.com/products/74-80-ford-pinto-75-78-mercury-capri-ii-82-92-ford-ranger-headers
How ever it says it fits up to a 92, I've seen many other manifolds on summit as well that advertise up till 96 and 97, the posts say they wont fit, there are people commenting that they do fit so I'm not sure.
If anyone has any info on manifolds that are incorrectly advertised for different years but know will 100% fit on a 98 let me know!
I've also heard some stuff about an EGR valve or system on these trucks. I have absolutely no idea what it is.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
It's made for the 2.3L not the 2.5L. I don't think it will work.

radtap

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It's made for the 2.3L not the 2.5L. I don't think it will work.
From what I've read they're pretty much the same engine externally except for some electronics. The exhaust ports have the same bolt pattern and setup. I just need to know if it will fit and not hit anything before I dish out the dough

tomw

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
lima bean
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
My credo
vertical and above ground
The cylinder heads are the same as far as exhaust port shape, size & position. See the post at the top of this section for a lot of info.

It could be the manifold got a different shape due to the change in front suspension, Twin-I-beam vs regular control arms & ball joints.

I read there's not a lot of difference in performance between all the different years, and the factory is actually pretty good, with later 'tubular looking' being better than the older cast version.
tom

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals