• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Loss of engine power

RichHanson83

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Transmission
Manual
So I have a 94 B4000 5spd, I was driving one day and all of a sudden started hearing a hissing sound. Stopped and took a look and saw that the DPFE hose had popped off. To make a long story short, the hoses kept popping off so I put a new DPFE sensor and hoses on and they continue to pop off while driving. All while this is going on my engine has very little power, I cant get it over 2000 rpm and my max speed is around 45ish and it takes a while to get there. I can usually drive for about 30 seconds before the power loss starts. Im not quite sure what the next things to look at are. I have also changed the plugs and wires and that didnt seem to help any.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to TRS :)

Not a guess, 100% sure, your exhaust system is plugged up, maybe collapsed Cat converter or Muffler, tap on both with rubber mallet or 2x4 and listen for rattling inside

If you have any friends that like a good joke, or enemies, lol, check tail pipe for the proverbial banana or potato

Exhaust system should have no pressure inside or NEGATIVE pressure, your DPFE hoses popped off because exhaust was getting backed up and getting Positive pressure inside

Lack of power is because if exhaust can't get OUT then new air/fuel mix can't get IN, so less and less power as pressure in exhaust builds up

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals