• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Low dollar B II project

fix_or_repair_daily

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Chevy,Satu
Engine Size
2.3, 5.7, 1.9
Transmission
Manual
Hi, I am starting to collect parts and pieces for my bronco. Here is what I am going for:

Front end: f150 coil spacers, d28 w/open 4.10 (can get for free), Rough Country steering stabilizer and 2" lift RC8000 shocks, urethane axle pivot and radius arm bushings

Rear end:7.5 w/4.10 and Lockright locker, chevy 1500 2" lowering shackles, 2" lift RC8000 shocks, shortened Exploder rear driveshaft

2"or 3" body lift w/ new urethane bushings (mine are trash)

15x8 Cragar soft 8 black wheels and 31" or 32" tires (looking at Trailcutter ATs or RTs on ebay)

Drivetrain: stock 2.9,A4lD (yes I know POS! but works good for now)and man shift t-case also plan on adding a larger trans cooler

I plan on mostly on street use, but want to do some mild playing off road. Also, 99% of the time I drive my vehicles easy so I'm not too afraid of breaking stuff.

I am open to your suggestions and comments.
Thanks, Josh

Evan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
For a street rig designed for a little offroading now and then, that looks like a good setup.

Don't know if you were already planning to, but get manual locking hubs for the front.

You could try getting an 8.8 from the rear of an Explorer and swapping in a Dana 35 front out of an early 90s Ranger, Bronco II, or Explorer. This would allow you to lock the front axle and move up to 33s or 35s, depending on wheelwell clearance.

derekj

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger 4wd
Transmission
Manual
Sounds like the exact same road I am going down. I have an A4LD torn apart on my bench right now with all the parts sitting next to it for a rebuild. Should get it back together next week after the holidays. Then i have a 2.9 in the shed waiting for a rebuild and will put them in together. My lockrite should be in the mail soon as well. I did a coil spacer up front and an add-a-leaf in the back. When winter is over I will add a 2" body lift so i can fit my 31's on. Can't wait to get it out and do some wheeling. Good luck with your build!

Derek

squig9

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Josh, I have the following new in box; Performance Accessories 3" Body Lift for '89-90 BII #70003, James Duff Polyurethane Body Mounts #6394, Frt & Rear sway bar bushings #6336 & #6323, Spring eye bushings #6382. If interested KEN kcwils@frontiernet.net

bullitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds kinda like mine...or at least what i started out to do. I bought my bII for 300$ and the front Superlift 4inch lift for 200$. Good start right?....Well once i started i adapted this "if im gonna do it, do it right the first time".....about 3k later, lol. But i'm happy with it. I bought a 91 Ranger off my buddy, reg. cab with a 4.0 and 8.8 rear end, which is what i swapped into my BII with a Ford Racing Trac Lok diff. It's 28 spline, but it's still beafier than the 7.5, and you dont have to mess around with re positioning the spring perches and stuff. I opted out that way cause i was trying to get it done in a certain amount of time, if i would have took my time i'da thought more, and spent less. My a4ld shifts pretty good, i'd rather have a manual, but what can you do. It had manual t-case and lockout's, so that was a plus. Good luck with your build.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals