• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

MacBook Pro 15" (2007 build)

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I was given this by a customer as a sort of going away present...no, I didn't steal it and, no, it wasn't to get rid of me...lol

Anyway, it runs pretty good on the 2 gigs or ram (upgradeable to 6 gig) and the OS is solid...running White Tiger with Green Leopard or something like that...but...anyway, I was always under the impression that OS upgrades on older machines could be downloaded free after they were replaced...not sure where I got this from because all my former Mac customers used to whine and complain about the cost of upgrades...

So, is there a site for this or should I just go with a free copy of something like Ubuntu or whatever...

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, I did what I often think others should do and went out into the www to find the answer. It was tight getting my fat body through those wires but I was like Tron on a mini motor bike once I got going...

Yes, I found the answer...and it was good...

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Is the answer something you can share?

Sent from my XT1032

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
No, that would be telling...and they might revoke my Tron license and I wouldn't be able to ride the e-waves...

But I will give you a hint...it's free up to a certain point and then they make you pay or they revoke your Tron license...you can upgrade to Yosemite or something like that...the not so good news is that I read a few reviews from people who did this only to find that some of the apps they were using under their old OS (mine is 10.5.7 or something like that) won't work under Yosemite (10.6.xomething) and in order to get similar apps to work they need to buy later versions...

Kind of a catch 22...

I don't have any apps downloaded or otherwise so it's just the basic OS and I don't actually plan to try to use anything else other than a browser and maybe the dvd...

I can do either...stay where I'm at till it carps out and won't work or pay up and upgrade on a machine that will be obsolete in the not too distant future...as long as it works I will take stfu for now and use it till I bruise it...

Hey...a new saying..."Use it till you bruise it..." great advise for men and women!

Last edited:

killj0y

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3l 4 Banger
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Fix it till its broke!
No, that would be telling...and they might revoke my Tron license and I wouldn't be able to ride the e-waves...

But I will give you a hint...it's free up to a certain point and then they make you pay or they revoke your Tron license...you can upgrade to Yosemite or something like that...the not so good news is that I read a few reviews from people who did this only to find that some of the apps they were using under their old OS (mine is 10.5.7 or something like that) won't work under Yosemite (10.6.xomething) and in order to get similar apps to work they need to buy later versions...

Kind of a catch 22...

I don't have any apps downloaded or otherwise so it's just the basic OS and I don't actually plan to try to use anything else other than a browser and maybe the dvd...

I can do either...stay where I'm at till it carps out and won't work or pay up and upgrade on a machine that will be obsolete in the not too distant future...as long as it works I will take stfu for now and use it till I bruise it...

Hey...a new saying..."Use it till you bruise it..." great advise for men and women!
I'm pretty sure you can upgrade to a newer version just maybe not free and legitimately together. Haha

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Yeah, thanks for the input. Still thinking about the upgrade or not...not being familiar with them on an intimate level like I am with my Windows boxes, I wasn't sure if an upgrade would do anything positive. Most OS upgrades on a Windows PC are for the good...although I can think of quite a few that were not...lol...

If it isn't really necessary to get more out of the computer or better performance then like I said I'm happy leaving it alone. I've used that laptop maybe 4 times since getting it...

Only one of those times was actually needed and that was when my Windows machine was acting weird...dressing up like a Mac one day...scary!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals